• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cordless phones not ringing, CANCEL 487 code

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlock

Reaction score
Hi,

We have 4 cordless phones. Everytime we receive a call atleast one of the phones does not ring.

We currently have the four cordless phones setup to one W56P base with PBX delivering audio on each. Could this be a setting within the phone extension or ring group.

Here is the log information:

04/14/2018 10:04:30 AM - : Call to <sip:107@VOIPURL:5060> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Cancelled/INVITE from IP:5070

04/14/2018 10:04:30 AM - : Call to <sip:106@VOIPURL:5060> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Cancelled/INVITE from IP:5070

04/14/2018 10:04:30 AM -: Call to <sip:105@VOIPURL:5060> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Cancelled/INVITE from IP:5070

04/14/2018 10:04:30 AM - : Call to <sip:104@VOIPURL:5060> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Cancelled/INVITE from IP:5070

It goes on and on. This is just a small sample size showing that is it happening to each cordless and not just one.

That message could simply indicate (if the IP:5070 is the PBX IP) that the call was answered (or went to voicemail or other destination) and it was telling the extensions to stop ringing.

To have all four phones ring at the same time you have to make sure you have enough Simultaneous Calling capacity in your 3CX license. Since one phone is calling and four are ringing, if your 3CX is 4SC then that would be five calls.

We have 8 available at one time and the caller is not internal, and the IP is an external IP.

How many simultaneous calls will the base station support? I had a similar issue with a Gigaset base. Even though the base would support more than four handsets, four extensions being registered, only 3 would ring at a time(with all being in the same ring group), as the base could only support 3 simultaneous calls.

The specs do say 4 simultaneous calls for that particular model base. Was each extension, assigned a unique local port? I only see port 5060 in the log.

Was each extension, assigned a unique local port? I only see port 5060 in the log. Are you using an SBC at that location?

Not possible they all 4 share a Base which is assigned the port, not the handsets.

Different from both the Panasonic, and Gigaset VoIP DECT base stations then, as they both allow (require) each extension registered, to have a different local port, in the same way you would assign a different port to a second extension key on a VoIP desk set. I'm really not certain how the Yealink functions without this option.
Be that as it may....
I'm wondering if, while supporting 4 simultaneous calls per base, it has a issue if four INVITES arrive about the same time, which would not be a usual senario.

What version of firmware are your running on the base unit and phones - maybe upgrade from yealink.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.