Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cordless Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bell, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bell

Has anyone tested cordless phones and really got them working with 3CX?
    I've tried the Snom M9R and it just seams slow when pressing buttons.
    I've also tried the iPhone app to maybe use iPod touches instead but the whole sleep thing with the delay to wake them up it too long and unreliable.
    I have been looking into using the Snom M65 but not in the supported phone list and very expensive because it doesn't come with a base which is an extra.
    I'm looking for fully integrated and supported with 3CX, transfers, shared phonebook etc.
    Would prefer wifi over Dect but those seam to be not too common.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The Yealink and Panasonic DECT phones are supported and listed (W52 & KX models).

There are some Wi-Fi phones out there, but for a cordless model, they are not as prevalent. Part of that has to do with the ranges and the mobility as Wi-Fi was not really designed to handle VoIP in a mobile environment. It is usually OK if the phone is going to be positioned in a static location where coverage is good, but moving around presents problems and handing off between access points is problematic for most.

I think it will likely get better as time goes by, but for now a Wi-Fi phone does not really offer any advantage over a DECT cordless. In fact, some models offer base stations that accommodate roaming so that being tied to a given area is no longer a limitation. I have not tried these, but I am sure that some others on the forum have experience. I have used both tied to their respective base stations with no real issues.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Although not currently supported, I have had luck with the Grand-stream DECT phone DP715/710.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JoelBlaha

Using the Yealink W52 here. It's DECT, and I'm not using anything fancier than the company phonebook, but they are straightforward to set up and use. The template is a little sparse (I had to go into the phones individually to set the clock to 12 hour instead of the default 24), but like I said; easy to setup and use.

5. bell

I got in a Grandstream D715 to test and the transfer method is terrible. Got to push R, then *87 then extension number etc.
    How is the transferring method on the Yealink, is it strait forward?

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Yes, but keep in mind that the DP is not in the same league as the others due to its cost. It is still a good phone and I use them in locations where the chances for abuse are higher - places like food service areas, bars, garages, etc. Much cheaper to replace and the locations are more to have calls transferred to them rather than a need to transfer out. The Yealink and Panasonic still require some keys to be pressed, just not as many. You can see the functionality by going to the Yealink site and reviewing their documentation.

7. jasit

jasit New Member

We have been using the iphone app with a IPOD 5 for the past two years, and it has worked great. The receptionist can use it anywhere in the office and because it uses the exchange address book, she has every employee and their cell phone listed and she can do transfers without a problem. She can also check and respond to email. She also loves the fact that she can has a bluetooth headset with it.

Jasit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.