Cordless SIP phones (not WiFi)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sbass, Nov 21, 2007.

1. sbass

Anyone have any standard coreless phones they are using with 3cx? I don't want to go the wifi route as I've seen lots of issues with wifi interfere with regular PCs let alone phones. I don't mind having the device wired and receiving SIP that way, but I'd prefer if the phone itself was using the 5.2Ghz cordless network and not relying on 802.11a/b/g.

Thanks.

Shawn

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

You can always use device like Linksys PAP2 to do that, you can connect any regular phone you want to it and use it has a Voip Phone...

Cheers

3. sbass

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that there would be some cordless devices with a bit more feature set than what a standard cordless phone would have. Worst case scenario I'll go that route.

Thanks.

Shawn

4. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Well, but with a PAP2 and with a simple phone you can transfer calls, blind or attended, Conference calls and so on, everything you could do on a 1Line IP Phone... :p

Cheers

5. AndrewRTS

When we get into our new office building, I'm thinking of buying one of the Snom M3 IP DECT Phones. It is an IP base station that will register up to 8 lines and can handle 8 handsets off of the base station.

You can handle three calls at a time per base station. I believe the DECT standard is something our good friends in Europe have brought to us. It runs in the 1920-1930MHz frequency range here in the US and is supposed to be VERY clear.

There are tons of places online to buy it, but here is a link:
    http://www.888voipstore.com/snom-m3-ip-dect-phone-pr-18792.html

Take care!
    -A

6. Cjay

Cjay New Member

I use the Siemens S450IP, again it is DECT so uses the European 1.9GHz band but has the advantage that it can be used in both IP or conventional telephone mode. As far as I can see this product is available in the US also.

The IP side of things is SIP and registers/operates on 3cx just fine, however if the technology is having a bad day (which is very rarely) you can select to use 'fixed' line mode rather than IP which bypasses all the IP/SIP side of things and connects to an analogue line plugged into the base (instead of LAN). You can easily make this selection on a call by call basis if needed.

I have 2 handsets on mine, only downside that I can see is that the handsets cannot have separate SIP ID's - so both appear as one extension on 3cx.

HTH!

Cjay.