Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Correct Setup for Hosted 3CX PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shark95763, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shark95763

Hi,

I'm currently hosting a "test" 3CX PBX for one of our customers. But I was thinking, what would be the correct setup.

3CX Hosted at Datacenter with public IP (Using 3cx stun) all ports are open by default. Firewall checker says everthing is OK.

But now the client side, their extensions are remote behind a ADSL connection with router.

My customer has 2 Base Stations Siemens C470IP connected to the 3CX hosted PBX.
    In the router there are no ports opened. Sometimes this works, and sometimes there are 2-way audio problems.

Now I'm thinking WHICH ports should I open on the client-side router. SIP 5060 and the RTP range for example 4900-5000 ?

And make 1 siemens base sip port 5060 and rtp 4000-4500 and the other base sip port 5061 and rtp 4501-5000

Who can help me?

Regards,

Maikel

2. semn

I had the same issue like you. One of my client have 2 offices one in Bucharest where is locate the pbx and one in Portugal. Both sites are connected via vpn and all ip phone works without any issue. The main issue is with 2 guys how use the same model of ip phone from home Siemens C470IP.
    Because the PBX use a real ip ( have a firewall in front ) and all necessary ports are open i try to configure both phones to work without stun services but i failed. Right now i don't have good explanation because when i try connect using a software phone ( 3cx soft phone) everything works very nice. ( without stun services)
    To make both phones ( CP470IP0) to work i use stun services. After that i doesn't receive any complains about that. ( 4 moths ago).
    So if you want my advice use stun services and don't made any modification in the client side router or you if want try to configure a QoS to protect the phones traffic to avoid any feature issue.( i suppose your client doesn't configure the internet routers very aggressive).

Have a nice day.

George

3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Using stun is an option but having issue with 2 way audio means that at some point in time the IPs that are being agreed are not correct or old, STUN would resolve all the correct IP's. But if you are still having issues, and you have a pc/server constantly active then simply use the 3CX tunnel. We built it up to fight these battles for you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.