• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Could not establish a connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSlocum

Customer
Reaction score
I was trying to set up the Windows client for a user and got the below error. I used the welcome email attachment to connect. What could be causing this?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    70.9 KB · Views: 5,201
Off hand, and I assume that the phone shows registered (on hook), you haven't opened (forwared) port 5000 (or 5001) to allow Presence.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/

If you don't use this feature, then you don't have to worry about it as long as you can make and receive calls. For some, this can be a security issue.

http://www.3cx.com/user-manual/presence/

The link to the ports shows port 80 and 443, both of which are open on the firewall. Is there something else I need to do?

Although, it works on my LAN just fine and it's the same setup as the user's. The user is on the same LAN as their phone server, as well.

Have any other phones, on this network, been able to use presence (same ports)? Until you can confirm that another device works correctly then you don't know for certain, if it is a setting in the device, or a network/PBX setting that may require an "adjustment".

All the phones (Cisco SPA514g) at that location use a SPA500DS sidecar with local extension BLFs which show if they're on or off the phone. Those are all working correctly. Does that use presence?

It's for 3CX phone devices, so, you would have to be using, say, the Windows version locally (or remotely) to test. Does presence work , on the Android device, when on the same LAN? If not, then the ports to be used for this feature may not match at each end, or there is a firewall issue on the server that is blocking the ports.

leejor said:
It's for 3CX phone devices, so, you would have to be using, say, the Windows version locally (or remotely) to test. Does presence work , on the Android device, when on the same LAN? If not, then the ports to be used for this feature may not match at each end, or there is a firewall issue on the server that is blocking the ports.

I know this is old but I'm still having this issue. I tested with an Android phone remotely (10.10.x.x IP and the phone server is 10.31.x.x) and presence does indeed work. It also works on the server itself, and on my workstation (10.10.x.x). It's only on the PC that it doesn't work. What else could be causing this issue?

So...other devices, on the same network, work just fine? it's just this one PC that is having issues? If that is the case, then i would say that there is something on that computer that is causing the issue. I would first try an uninstall, then a re-install. You might also check firewall settings along with what other programmes are running in the background (something NOT running on the other PC's).

leejor said:
So...other devices, on the same network, work just fine? it's just this one PC that is having issues? If that is the case, then i would say that there is something on that computer that is causing the issue. I would first try an uninstall, then a re-install. You might also check firewall settings along with what other programmes are running in the background (something NOT running on the other PC's).

I tried it on a different machine with and without the firewall enabled and got the same error.

NickD_3CX said:

All the parameters, starting with "<MyPhoneServerPublicSSLAddr>." are correct. I've also tried it with and without the firewall enabled on multiple machines.

I also opened the config file in a text editor and confirmed the parameters.

TSlocum said:
All the parameters, starting with "<MyPhoneServerPublicSSLAddr>." are correct. I've also tried it with and without the firewall enabled on multiple machines.

I also opened the config file in a text editor and confirmed the parameters.

The most common reasons why presence doesn't work are:
- On the device running the 3CXPhone app, the FQDN does not resolve correctly.
- AntiVirus software running on either the 3CXPhone PC or the 3CX Server (uninstall on both, restart PCs and try again to verify).
- HTTP traffic being proxy'd through a transparent proxy.

If you open a browser on the device running the 3CXPhone app and go to the URL you see in the "<MyPhoneServerPublicSSLAddr>" tab, does it show something?

I apologize, but I found the problem. Our ISA proxy was blocking it. So, you were right on the money. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.