Could not load type '_3cxIvr.VxmlHttpHandler'

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Hcuk, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hcuk

Hi,

I've installed the latest version on a windows 2003 standard server, using IIS and when i got to the /management address i get:
    Code:
    Server Error in '/management' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load type '_3cxIvr.VxmlHttpHandler'.

Source Error: 

Line 12: 		 -->
    Line 13:     <httpHandlers>
    Line 14:       <add verb="GET" path="*.vxml" type="_3cxIvr.VxmlHttpHandler"/>
    Line 15:     </httpHandlers>
    Line 16:     <globalization/>

Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\web.config    Line: 14 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3615; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3618

Any one know why i'd get this or how to fix it?

I have uninstalled / reinstalled and i get the same thing.

Thanks
    Chris

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

You need .net 3.5 (go for .NET 4 also as I believe V10 will want it)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hcuk

Thanks for your reply, I have installed 4.0 and it doesn't make any difference sadly.
    Code:
    Server Error in '/management' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load type '_3cxIvr.VxmlHttpHandler'.

Source Error: 

Line 12: 		 -->
    Line 13:     <httpHandlers>
    Line 14:       <add verb="GET" path="*.vxml" type="_3cxIvr.VxmlHttpHandler"/>
    Line 15:     </httpHandlers>
    Line 16:     <globalization/>

Source File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\web.config    Line: 14 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
    Thanks
    Chris

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

It is complaining about a file in the ivr (which is in a folder under this one). The ivr is a separate site in iis, is it running? Do you see some errors?

They should be running under the same .net 2 app pool in classic mode (hence the line in the web file).

I will assume the file exists (under the bin directory in ivr called 3cxivr.dll)

Did you have any anti virus running when you did the install? they sometimes do not like changes being made in iis.

Try restarting IIS if you can but also check the ivr site to see if it running or there is a windows event error log.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Was this working before or is this a new installation?

I think the appcmd migration in your case was not done properly for IIS 6

Try and comment that section from the webconfig (stop IIS service first) Uncomment that http handler for ivr in the path described in the error message.
    If it does not work, Uninstall 3CX and update the server.
    What service pack do you have installed?
    Uninstall framework 4. It might confuse the Version 9 of 3CX. However you will need this for V10 yes. I will also suggest that you go for server 2008 R2 in v10 so you prepare yourself. Silverlight and fw 4 are not for 2003 and iis6. You can remain on 2003 but then in that case you will need to use Abyss.
    Give the machine full full updates. and full service packs.

Then install 3CX and see if this update fixes the problem.

If you still don't manage send me an email nb@3cx.com and We will log in and check this out for you. You might even make it in time for V10 Beta.

abc123 - thanks for your help :) I see you often around :)

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

You are welcome Nicky - always glad to try to be of help, even if I cant always solve it. Leaves you guys more time to give us the features we request!

I am rusty on IIS 6 as it has been a few years since we dealt with it - all our windows servers are 2008R2 (and I have one waiting especially for v10 64 bit).

Say hi to Michael (but only when he has finished the new assistant!)

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Version 10 is going to rock. Stay on the look out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.