Couple of low priority Grandstream GXP-2020 questions.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by FGCUHank, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FGCUHank

FGCUHank New Member

I prefer and use Polycoms everywhere but I have a potential site that has all GXP-2020's

Playing with test LAN on a V9 test system, mimicking their network with a small Win 2003 server providing DHCP.

I noticed the Grandstreams don't auto provision when you have option 66 in the DHCP server. However if I set the provisioning path in the phone it does provision fine. Not a crisis but was wondering if anyone got this to work.

Other issue is the owner is very fond of the "intercom" button on the 2020's and is not thrilled with dialing *9 or even just * for intercom. Anybody have tips or thoughts on this?

Thanks

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

My understanding from what you are saying is that you have to dial 9 before you can dial out of 3CX? If this is the case and you want to remove this, simply modify the outgoing rules, remove the 9 from the “Calls to numbers stating with Prefix” if doing this please also ensure you set the Strip Digits to “0”

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pjr

pjr New Member

I presume you are trying to get the Polycom phones to have a dedicated "intercom" button ala the 2020's?

You may be able to achieve this using the enhanced feature key function in the newer Polycom firmware - in effect you can program certain soft keys to run macro's.

Details here - http://knowledgebase.polycom.com/knowledgebase/End%20User/Tech%20Alerts/Audio/Enhanced_Feature_Keys_TB42250.pdf

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. FGCUHank

FGCUHank New Member

Thanks for the reply Paul,

I'm trying to get the intercom button on the Grandstream 2020 to work.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

From Grandstream 2020 user manual (Page 34 of 43):

Intercom User ID: This field is used to configure the Intercom key in the phone. For GXP2010 and
    GXP2020 only

Set it to to the number which should be dialed to reach required destination.

6. FGCUHank

FGCUHank New Member

Whoops that qualifies as RTFM, sorry about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.