Couple of questions on Cisco 7970

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by randomness, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomness

Finally got my 7970 phones working well, am very pleased. Couple of points I could use a bit of advice on though:

1. Trying to add my trunks/groups to the softkeys. I've tried using a <featureID>9</featureID> in my SEPxxxx file, as one does with the extension number, but using either the virual extension number 10000 or 80, but this doesn't seem to work. Can anyone tell me how to do this, and/or point me at a list of 'featureID' codes that might help?

2. Any pointers towards setting up paging? I read somewhere that this can be achieved with an autoanswer value set to 3, but if anyone's achieved this and can offer some pointers that would be a great help.

3. Can't get the time/date working. On reboot, the phones display 'Error updating locale'. My entry is as follows:

Code:
    <dateTimeSetting>
    <dateTemplate>D/M/Y</dateTemplate>
    <timeZone>GMT Standard/Daylight Time</timeZone>
    <ntps>
    <ntp>
    <name>uk.pool.ntp.org</name>
    <ntpmode>Unicast</ntpmode>
    </ntp>
    </ntps>
    </dateTimeSetting>

2. Discovery Technology

Hi there,

1. Regarding working with the soft keys using the SIP firmware they can be tricky. Please post your code if you had some success with these, as well as any info you do pick up on featureid codes as it would be very handy to have a single list in one place to refer to.

2. Regarding paging, I was faced with this one today and it is a little tricky to find good info about how to do it, however I believe I have cracked it on 7945 and 7965 handsets - I suspect the line handling on 7940 handsets might work a little differently though - I'll test this and post my findings later on.

Her'es how you do it: You create a second list of extensions and hide them from the assistant as you set each one up. for example, if you're using extensions in the 100 range for your handsets, try setting up syncronised "paging" extensions in the 200 range as well. ie: 100 = Bob Smith, 200 = Bob Paging Extension. You then register the second line on the handset to this paging extension, set the autoanswer parameter to 3 and label it "paging" on the phone so that users don't get tempted to use it as an extension - probably a good idea to disable external calls on them as well. Anyway, you then setup a paging ring group and include the paging extensions and you're away - dial *9 and the paging group number and all extensions will ring, then beep and auto answer just like you would expect - when the caller hangs up the call, all extensions disconnect.

3. You need to have all the right files in all the right places to get rid of the locale errors - take a look at the following entry regarding setting up Cisco handsets for 3CX which includes some stuff on the locale setup for Australia - you would just need to replace these files after you scrounge them off the web for your own country.

Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Discovery Technology

Sorry - forgot to post the other forum entry regarding the locale stuff...

http://www.3cx.com/forums/how-to-convert-a-cisco-7965g-handset-from-sccp-to-sip-10990.html?highlight=cisco

Also, here's a short list of some featureid codes for you:

feature id 1 last number redial
    feature id 2 speed dial
    feature id 3 hold
    feature id 5 fwd all
    feature id 9 line
    feature id 19 private
    feature id 20 service uri
    featureid 21 speed dial
    feature id 22 paging
    feature id 27 Malicious call ID

If anyone else wants to add to this list, they are more than welcome...

Hope this helps you out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rovinge

Randomness, correct me if I a wrong, but an ErrorLocale error is not related to the dateTimeSetting section. This error relates to the entries in the UserLocale and/or NetworkLocale section in the SEP file.

Regaring date/time entries that work for me, this is the section I am using to set CET time (Amsterdam):

Code:
    <devicePool>
      <dateTimeSetting>
      <dateTemplate>D-M-Y</dateTemplate>
      <timeZone>W. Europe Standard/Daylight Time</timeZone>
        <ntps>
        <ntp>
          <name>194.109.22.18</name>
          <ntpMode>Unicast</ntpMode>
          </ntp>
        </ntps>
      </dateTimeSetting>
    On the locales, I have the userlocale entries emptied, but managed to have the 7970 & 7971 phones using the Dutch telco tones, by using the correct g3-tones.xml file in a sub folder called Netherlands. Code in the SEP file is as follows:

Code:
    <userLocale>
    <name></name>
    <uid></uid>
    <langCode></langCode>
    <version></version>
    <winCharSet></winCharSet>
    </userLocale>

<networkLocale>Netherlands</networkLocale>
    <networkLocaleInfo>
    <name>Netherlands</name>
    <version>1.0.0.0-1</version>
    </networkLocaleInfo>
    Not sure if this helps, but you may have found this out yourself already.

Roel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.