Crackling Sound In Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lateralis_m, Oct 18, 2007.

1. lateralis_m

I am experiencing an issue on my inbound and outbound calls, where there is a crackling sound in all of our phones connected to our phone network. The caller on the other end of the phone does not experience the same sound. The sound if a faint crackling sound and does not interfere with the call, however, it is more of a nuisance.

Doe anyone have any suggestions or has anyone experienced this issue???

I have a Grandstream GXW410x with Cisco 7960 phone.

Please advise...

Norm

2. Ryandc

It's the Grandstream.
    Their gateways are terrible, and that's putting it politely.
    Upgrade to the lastest firmware for it, and consider going all-digital or investing in a nicer Gateway.
    -Ryan

3. lateralis_m

Thank You Ryan,

Any suggestions regarding a particular brand digital gateway?

Regards - Norm

4. Ryandc

Pattons seem to get pretty positive reviews.
    As for us, we dumped PSTN lines completely, ported our numbers to a VOIP provider who gave us direct trunking at $15/line/month. It was a good deal.

5. LLangston

We switched from the GrandStream 4104 to the AudioCodes MP-114. Straight out of the box it has much better audio quality. We are still tweaking on it to get things such as caller ID to work(still not sure that is in the gateway, may be in the phones, lol). All in all we are much happier with the new set-up with equipment than we were with the GrandStream equipment.

6. lateralis_m

Thank you all for your replies...

I've installed an Audio Codes MP-114 and I am still experiencing the same problems.....There is not difference in the sound quality between the Grandstream and AudioCodes installed on our system. There must be a setting somewhere that controls the delay...

Regards.

Norm

7. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

Its there really any solution or a better gateway that doesnt make that sound, for me it happen when both parties talk at the same time, if a disable echo i get a lot of echo BUT No CRACKLING SOUND.

Is it for the echo i guess, but theres any solution?