Crash of 3CX Client (3CXWin8Phone.exe) / sennheiser / microphone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MSmeets, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSmeets

I would like to use Sennheiser MB Pro, but when I go to Sound settings, and try to change 'Microphone', I do not see a pulldown menu, when I touch the pulldown...CRASH...3CX Client is gone.

Eventlogs has a lot's of information.

I have no clue the reason....(maybe latest 3CX update?)

summary evenlog:
    ========================================================================
    Toepassing: 3CXWin8Phone.exe
    Framework-versie: v4.0.30319
    Beschrijving: het proces is beëindigd als gevolg van een onverwerkte uitzondering.
    Uitzonderingsinformatie: System.ArgumentException
    bij System.Xml.XmlEncodedRawTextWriter.InvalidXmlChar(Int32, Char*, Boolean)
    bij System.Xml.XmlEncodedRawTextWriter.WriteAttributeTextBlock(Char*, Char*)
    bij System.Xml.XmlEncodedRawTextWriter.WriteString(System.String)
    Naam van toepassing met fout: 3CXWin8Phone.exe, versie: 15.5.6354.2, tijdstempel: 0x5a09a69f
    Naam van module met fout: KERNELBASE.dll, versie: 10.0.15063.726, tijdstempel: 0x32774c02
    Uitzonderingscode: 0xe0434352
    Foutmarge: 0x000ecbb2
    Id van proces met fout: 0x1508

2. MSmeets

9 days ago I reported this to 3CX Support...(ticket #169486) but still no answer or sollution.

(my experience with Sennheiser MB Pro with 3CX is very very bad, before I even can solve one problem...this new one arrives.)

3. MartijnDoeland

Same problem here. Happens with the Zoiper client as well.
    Currently using a Trust 18187-02 Bluetoothe dongle with the drivers from Trust. This seems to have fixed the problem.

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The issue is related to the name of the device. The device name seems to contain a special(illegal?) character that is not expected by the XML parser, and so the app crashes. I guess most applications that see this character would crash as it's unexpected.

We've replied to your ticket already and have asked you to wait as we see what we can do about this. Either we'l attempt a fix on our side or have Sennheisser give it a look. You just need to wait a bit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We have a fix for this but could use a couple of beta volunteers in verifying this. Anyone up to the task just PM me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.