Create DIDs in bulk v15

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aberry, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aberry

aberry New Member

Am I missing something? In previous versions I could create a range of DIDs by entering a hyphen between numbers (ex. 400-499 would create all DIDs between 400 and 499). Is this not working on v15? Does it expect me to create hundereds of DIDs manually?

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes this is gone.
    We saw that the setup of creating range of DID's was a bit flawed because who would want to create bulk did's that all go to the same destinations?

So it would be more convenient if you import DID's.
    We are going to add them at trunk level later.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nickster

Wait until after SP2 drops before you do the DID's. There is a bug where they will magically disappear. We don't have many DID's at this time, and are able to work, but this really was a inconvenient discovery.

Hopefully SP2 will be released this week.

4. AndyBarr

Hi Guys,

Just upgraded from 12.5 to 15 last night (including all the service packs),

Can someone tell me is there any way of importing all the 200 DIDs under the Gateway DID tab, as I have entered 20 of them and I am sick of it already!

I dont understand the comment of "who would want to create bulk did's that all go to the same destinations?", surely its better to allow the user to add the DIDs in bulk and then select extensions as required, as having to do it twice by having to manually add each individual DID in is an absolute nightmare. Especially if you have to keep scrolling to the top of the page to click on the Add DID button!

Or am I doing this completely wrong!

thanks

Andy

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes you are doing it wrong. Of course you will get sick.
    And if you had create bulk did's, then you would need to go in each one to change the destination of each did..That would make you mad.

A simple solution is to IMPORT your DID's. Spend 5 minutes to create an import file. You can create thousands of records in excel.
    Then import your 200 did's. And you are done.
    You need minimum 12 values per did

Priority - (give it the next available number)
    Name - Name to your DID
    TYPE - 1 (did or cid)
    MASK - The mask to create the did
    PORTS - [70028]
    INOFFICE_DEST_TYPE - check what the export gives you.
    INOFFICE_DEST_NUMBER - extension of destination.
    SAME_DEST_AS_INOFFICE - extension of destination.
    SPECIFIC_HOURS - (Make a did in the ui and export - see the format and the pattern)
    SPECIFIC_HOURS_TIME - (Make a did in the ui and export - see the format and the pattern)
    INCLUDE_HOLIDAYS - (Make a did in the ui and export - see the format and the pattern)
    OUTOFOFFICE_DEST_TYPE - (Make a did in the ui and export - see the format and the pattern)
    OUTOFOFFICE_DEST_NUMBER - (Make a did in the ui and export - see the format and the pattern)
    PLAY_HOLIDAY_PROMPT - (Make a did in the ui and export - see the format and the pattern)

This is the way forward.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. AndyBarr

I tried doing this manually (and with the import, just in case it was different), but the calls were not being routed correctly - all went to the default extension.

I had to input them all in to the gateway DDI tab first and then the inbound routes worked.

All done now and it works, so might leave it for the moment as its working now.

Thanks

Andy

7. AlexHeylin

Import is buggy at best and error messages are unhelpful. "Import failed - startIndex cannot be larger than length of string."
    Triple-checked the import file (based on an export) and it just keeps giving me the same useless error. Guys - if you've going to remove things, PLEASE at least make sure that the replacement actually works properly. I'm now looking at creating 292 DID manually (in two places thanks to new interface) - REALLY not impressed with this after a day of finding bugs and stupid changes in v15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.