Create tunnel from a secure site

Discussion in 'Windows' started by complex1, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Who can help me with the following problem.

I want to make calls from a remote location using 3CXPhone or SIP Proxy Manager.
    This site is secure. Computers whose MAC or IP addresses are not known by the site admin (remote party) are not connected to the Internet. Pinging http://www.google.com is not possible. In IE, the IP address of a proxy server must be specified, otherwise it is not possible to browse the Internet.

On a computer that is released by the site admin, I installed the 3CXPhone, but the tunnel to the 3CX server is not created. Also after installing 3CX SIP Proxy Manager the tunnel to the 3CX server is not created.

On the 3CX server end everything is setup correctly, because I can successfully create a tunnel using 3CXPhone or SIP Proxy Manager from another remote site.

What should I do to adjust 3CXPhone or SIP Proxy Manager to create a tunnel via this secure by proxy site to the 3CX server?

Thank you very much.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Hi,

if you can not establish a tunnel from 3CX softphone, you will not be able to establish a tunnel from ProxyServer as well.
    You must run wireshark to see what's happening, but I assume port 5090 is blocked (TCP and UDP). A dirty trick is to replace port 5090 with port 37 in 3CX server and the 3CX softphone -- sometimes this port (37) been left open or to seek for another port. Obviously port 80 is scanned on application layer.

Other option is to negotiate with network admin to open for you port 5090 or to establish another type a tunnel via other means (router) like PPTP, L2TP, IPsec, etc. (they use different ports and may be permitted).

Regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Orlin,

Thank you for your response.

I will ask the network admin if he is willing to open port 5090 for me.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Many "secure" site also use a Proxy Server to screen all traffic out to the net.

5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    5090 is the default tunnel port. So, if you can configure the 3CX PBX, you may agree with your network admin for a convenient port, then configure the PBX to use that port for its tunnel.
    Regards
    vali

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.