• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Creating a conference from the new v15.5 SP2 Windows client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bembel

Customer
Reaction score
Hello

As everyone can see from the change log the behaviour to create a conference was changed. I expected this to be optional because here the web client is not used at all (in fact the use is prohibited/turned off) so I was really surprised that a browser windows still opens even if the webclient is turned off for a user. Furthermore I cannot see a possibility to roll back to the way a conference was created before (is there a secret registry key to undo this change?) so I have rolled back the client to build 3849.1.

But is this the right way to go forward? Where enterprises like ours using a ton of cloud services but try to minimize the amount of sets of credentials a user has to remember by using SSO and enhance security of the resulting one set of credentials using multi factor authentication yet our phone system now needs the user to log on to a web client they never made use of (and why should they if there is a lightweight application with all functions condensed in a small window?) having to remember a new set of credentials they did not have to use before? And yes, I removed the credentials from the welcome email so no one actually knows that there is a web client available.

So, is there any way to undo this change on the Windows client (my personal favorite) or change the client's behaviour to
1. use ADDS accounts for authentication (attribute "ipphone", SAML or else) to log in to the web client together with a
2. change of the URL the Windows client uses to redirect to an SSO web portal to be able to seamlessly log on to 3CX's web client?

UPDATE: Just found out that my new Android mobile client shows the same behaviour. Really?!? I don't want to be able to access a web portal from the Internet at all. For Windows machines we use (automatic) VPN and access resources "internally" but not for basically insecure mobile devices...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kobberhjelmen
I agree, this needs to be fixed. It is not convenient to have to go to a web page to schedule a conference.

yes totally agree this is a terrible change. Also i don't get an option to even add anyone to the conference from the web portal that opens up?

Reactions: Kobberhjelmen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.