• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Creating a routing switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice Lefevere

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to make a call routing switch in the call flow designer. But it's a bit confusing.

What i'm trying to make is that the receptionist can call to an internal number and choose a variable.
1 - during the day -> 3 options.
2 - Tuesday afternoon -> 2 options
3 - Emergancy -> Announcement that the receptionist is not available.

Is it possible to store a variable by calling an internal number, so that the external caller follows the routing given by the variable?.

Kind Regards.

Maurice

Hello @Maurice Lefevere,

Absolutely, you can do this with the CFD. You can use the Get Global Property and Set Global Property components to save this configuration in 3CX. You would need to create 2 projects:
1) In the first project you need an inbound callflow to receive calls from the receptionists, and let them configure the current behaviour. This callflow will ask the caller which behaviour needs to be active (1, 2 or 3), and save that to 3CX.

2) In the second project you need another inbound callflow to receive inbound calls from external numbers. You will route all external calls to this CFD app. This way, the callflow reads the configuration and using a Create a Condition component, performs different things depending on the current behaviour set.

Kind regards.

Thank you for the answer.

Is there any way you can give me something like a screenshow on how to build this?. I still can't get this figured out o_O.

Kind Regards

I've got the following:

Receptionist calls to number 801.
That callflow has a user imput with 2 possible keys.
1: Normal --> Set Global Property Block --> Property Name: "STAND" / Property Value: "1"
2: High Pressure --> Set Global Property Block --> Property Name: "STAND" / Property Value: "2"
Timeout: Disconnect

So how do i build the condition?. I now have:

First block of the mainflow is the "Get Global Property" with value: "STAND"
After that i put in a "Create a Condition" block with 2 "Conditional Branch Component" blocks.

These blocks i gave the value:
- EQUAL("STAND","1")
- EQUAL("STAND","2")

Now after i call i am immediately disconnected.

The conditional branches should check the value returned by the "Get Global Property" component. So, for example, if your "Get Global Property" component name is "readStand", then your expression should be:
EQUAL(readStand.PropertyValue,"1")
EQUAL(readStand.PropertyValue,"2")

You should learn how to use the CFD before starting a project like this. A good way to get started is working with the examples we provide:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/call-flow-designer-manual/

Kind regards.

Hi Ernesto,

If i put in the exact you said: EQUAL(readSTAND.PropertyValue,"1") i'm getting a compiling errors.
Error compiling source code to .NET library: (144,94): error CS0103: The name 'readStand' does not exist in the current context

If i put it like this: EQUAL("readSTAND".PropertyValue,"1") the function is lost.

Kind Regards

If i put in the exact you said: EQUAL(readSTAND.PropertyValue,"1") i'm getting a compiling errors.
Error compiling source code to .NET library: (144,94): error CS0103: The name 'readStand' does not exist in the current context
That's because the name of your "Get Global Property" component is not "readStand"... Rename your component and it will work.

I strongly encourage you to study the tool before working on real projects. This is a very basic concept, and you don't seem to have this clear. You will not go far if you don't get to know the tool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.