• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Creating custom dial codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to create a IVR which is accessed internally by dialling ** - is it possible?

Thanks,

Tom

No. '**' is used to ID billing codes. You might be able to change that but to no gain.

IVR codes using the digital receptionist are single digit, 0 through 9.

3CX also has a 'voice application designer' but I have no experience with it.

What you mean by accessing IVR internally ?

Normally IVR has a number associated with it (like 851, etc.) and you also can have several IVRs.
Theoretically it is possible to trick the system of dialing '**' to call 851 (or other number), but what is the benefit ?
IVR is normally intended to answer incoming external calls.

VAD can help you creating more sophisticated IVRs and is not related to dialplan, i.e. dialing '**', etc.

Regards

You're trying to find a way to send a page back to the originator aren't you?

Hi,

Yes I am looking at ways for someone to be able to get back to a page originator and provide a feature that a clients old PBX system had and no other appears to have.

Thanks,

Tom

viperit said:
Hi,

Yes I am looking at ways for someone to be able to get back to a page originator and provide a feature that a clients old PBX system had and no other appears to have.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,
Could you please specify who is the "page originator" which is mentioned in your posts?
Sorry, but it is not so clear as you expect :(

Thanks

Hi,

Hopefully this will clear things up:

Inbound call from person A is answered by person B
Person A asks to speak to person C
As person C is not at their desk person A is put on hold and person B pages for person C to pickup

In the old system person C would go to any phone dial ## and this would automatically put them through to person B (without them needing to remember who the person B is - important in a nosiy factory environment)

On the old system person C would then either agree to take person A's call or ask for a message to be taken by person B.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

viperit said:
Hi,

Hopefully this will clear things up:

Inbound call from person A is answered by person B
Person A asks to speak to person C
As person C is not at their desk person A is put on hold and person B pages for person C to pickup

In the old system person C would go to any phone dial ## and this would automatically put them through to person B (without them needing to remember who the person B is - important in a nosiy factory environment)

On the old system person C would then either agree to take person A's call or ask for a message to be taken by person B.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

The description is clear and ambiguous at the same time.
Person (not C) presses ## from ANY phone. How old PBX distinguish that ## has been pressed by the C?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm not sure how the system knows the details about who paged or how to connect a call when a key code is connect. We are just trying to achieve a function that was on the old system. I'm open to other suggestions if anyone comes up with options other than telling the person who announces the page to tell people to dial their extension number as it often can't be heard in the factory.

Thanks,

Tom

viperit said:
Hi,

I'm not sure how the system knows the details about who paged or how to connect a call when a key code is connect. We are just trying to achieve a function that was on the old system. I'm open to other suggestions if anyone comes up with options other than telling the person who announces the page to tell people to dial their extension number as it often can't be heard in the factory.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,
If you will describe logic then somebody will suggest you a solution.
If you don't know how it should work then, sorry, nobody will be able to help you :(

Hi,

I may not have explained the idea very well in the previous post so I thought I would re-write it.

OK the scenario is this:

Mary wants Bob to call her, Bob works in the warehouse and doesn't have his own phone. Mary dials the company paging number and announces for Bob to answer the phone. Bob is at the far end of the warehouse and walks to the nearest phone to him, dials a predefined number (in this case ##) and is put through to Mary. Until Bob answers the page no other pages are possible.

Has anyone any tips on how this maybe accomplished with 3CX?

Thanks,

Tom

viperit said:
Hi,

I may not have explained the idea very well in the previous post so I thought I would re-write it.

OK the scenario is this:

Mary wants Bob to call her, Bob works in the warehouse and doesn't have his own phone. Mary dials the company paging number and announces for Bob to answer the phone. Bob is at the far end of the warehouse and walks to the nearest phone to him, dials a predefined number (in this case ##) and is put through to Mary. Until Bob answers the page no other pages are possible.

Has anyone any tips on how this maybe accomplished with 3CX?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

In described scenario, Hanna will not be able to call James (who is the other guy who work at the same warehouse) just because Bob will ignore Mary(or will be busy with more important tasks) and doesn't want ( or is not able) to press ## to speak to her (Mary).

Am I missing something in your description?

Hi,

I would suspect that there should be a timeout if the page is not answered within a defined time limit (you could make this an option in 3CX). In 3CX there could be two paging options to facilitate a feature such as this. Or somekind of call queue/hunt group

Thanks,

Tom

viperit said:
Hi,

I would suspect that there should be a timeout if the page is not answered within a defined time limit (you could make this an option in 3CX). In 3CX there could be two paging options to facilitate a feature such as this. Or somekind of call queue/hunt group

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

timeout to force Bob to hurry up?
Are we talking about pragmatic model or about real system?

Timeout so that if it isn't answered within "x" minutes the page is dropped and free for use again. In theory if it is left open for more than a few minutes it will probably be forgotten about anyway.

I'm just trying to meet criteria set out for me - it sounds like a reasonable request for a feature it's just whether or not it can be done within the current system via programming or whether I need to look for an external fix.

Thanks,

Tom

viperit said:
Timeout so that if it isn't answered within "x" minutes the page is dropped and free for use again. In theory if it is left open for more than a few minutes it will probably be forgotten about anyway.

I'm just trying to meet criteria set out for me - it sounds like a reasonable request for a feature it's just whether or not it can be done within the current system via programming or whether I need to look for an external fix.

Thanks,

Tom

It can be done using VAD, but ideas.3cx.com is the place where you can publish feature requests.

Ate not things simpler than discussed -- just park the call, page somebody announcing to take the call by dialing a specific code for the parked location (make it simple like dialing 90, 91, ...). So you may have up to 10 calls parked in any time.
If you want make '##' default pickup code (first parking lot). This should solve all issues like Mary, Jane, Bob, etc.

Regards

Hi,

Call parking would be an option if they didn't want the ability to use it as an "attended" transfer - the call isn't always wanted at that time.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

may be I'm missing something, but what is the difference -- in Samsung you may park (or transfer) just one call, as you have one parking lot only, accessed by '##', which is not suitable for larger system or second call.

If the operator announces a call waiting for somebody, if he takes the call this may regarded as attended transfer. If call not taken, it will returned automatically to person who parked it (in 60 seconds or so), or the person who parked it make take it back earlier by dialing the corresponding code. This is a working and convenient model.

The Samsung PBX is performing HOLD / RETRIEVE on the last call, which is not different in functionality.

Regards

Hi, I was told by the system users that when they previously dialled ## it would put them through to the person who answered the call not the callee. How would I setup your above option?

Thanks, Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.