Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Creating many prefixes at trunks

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3cxisti, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3cxisti

Hi,

I try to set up some trunks in our new system.

One trunk should be used for international mobile calls. This results that I must use 60-70 prefixes, because I cannot simply use 0033 for France... The PSTN-Calls (also 0033) must be handled by a second trunk. Which is the best way to separate internation mobile and internation PSTN-Calls.

Thank you very much for the help.

Best regards

I.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There are a number of possible ways, but I am not sure that enough information is provided to give a "best" answer.

It could be as simple that if your callers know which numbers are mobile and which are land-based, they could simply insert a number at the beginning of the dial string which would then direct to a specific trunk; 8 for mobile and 9 for land-based.

If they don't know, then you may be faced with creating a set of rules that identify the differences using the prefix variable in the outbound rules.

The question is, "how does one know if mobile or land-based"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.