Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Crestron touchpanel integration and Auto Answer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PatM, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatM

Have a residence that we are incorporating Crestron touch panels with a 3CX server and Yealink phones. We have phones working as they should be, but Auto Answer capability on the touch panels are not working. Has anyone attempted or gotten this to work in the past. The panels area simple SIP device. If the panels are placed in Peer to Peer mode it is capable of Auto Answer and DND functionality. If we put the unit in SIP Server Mode and enter the proper extension credentials, the units will register in the 3CX software. If I call panel to panel, phone to panel or panel to phone, the devices ring as they should with Auto Answer Off. If I turn on Auto Answer functionality on the touch panel, it will ring the panel, but the device will not automatically pick up as it does in Peer to Peer Mode. I can put the SIP Server Mode in either Normal Mode or Door Mode on the panel and that makes no difference.

Wondering if anyone has seen or dealt with this before. Talked to Crestron and they haven't been able to come up with anything, as their panels works as they should when not connected to the 3CX server.

Any helps is appreciated,

Pat

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I wonder if the behaviour would be the same, or different, if the panel were registered to a VoIP provider as opposed to 3CX? You may consider using Wireshark to see what the difference in the Invite is. That may provide a clue as to possible changes that might be made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.