CRM command-line API in 3CX 12?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcbsys, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Hi,

I have a product based on the CRM command-line API:

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/command-line-api/

That API is available after installing the MyPhone Desktop Components. A customer told me those components are gone in v12. Is there another way to gain access to the client-side command line in v12?

Thanks,

Mark Berry
    MCB Systems

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chiyau

I need a solution as well. Our in house app is now not working as the command line exe is no longer supplied. Will this be supplied? Or are we in need of using another method.

Thanks

Chi Yau
    Yau Brothers & Co Limited

3. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Chi,

From the screen shot in this post, it looks like MyPhone's presence functionality is now integrated into 3CX Phone. I wonder if it includes the command-line API.

If you have the latest 3CX Phone installed, can you check whether the API is working? Is makecall.exe installed with the phone? Its path should be in the registry here:

HKLM\Software\3CX\MyPhone\CallNotifier

of if it's a 64-bit OS:

HKLM\Wow6432Node\Software\3CX\MyPhone\CallNotifier

Mark Berry
    MCB Systems

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. chiyau

Hi Mark

File is missing in the new installation directory, I have checked both 32 and 64 bit installations.

My application only uses the makecall functionality. I am thinking of using the HTTP CRM calls to achieve it now. Thinking about it I could mimic the functionality of makecall.exe in a console application that makes the HTTP CRM calls.

Chi

5. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Chi,

It looks like the CRM Integration Components have been updated, so you might be able to write your own plugin based on this post. Or as you say, the HTTP API should allow placing outbound calls, but no inbound "screen pop" functionality.

My program relies heavily on the command-line API for processing both inbound and outbound calls, so I still need to know if that API is available in v12.

Mark Berry
    MCB Systems

6. chiyau

Mark

It looks like the two options are all we have for now. I have been able to create an exe that mimics the makecall function in the callnotifier.exe file that was supplied with the desktop components with 3CX Myphone.

We will need to probably build our own solutions based on the CRM Integration Components. No easy solution there.

I am more than happy to share my current fix it is in c# and does rely on a database table with a link to computer NETBIOS names, extension numbers and extension passwords.

Regards

Chi

7. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Hi Chi,

Thanks for the kind offer.I don't know if I could use your code but it might be interesting to see how you've done it. If you'd like to upload an attachment here, or contact me through my website (in the footer) and we can do it via email.

Today, 3CX announced a plugin API for the 3CX Phone:

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cxphone-for-windows-api/

I suppose it might be possible to program it to mimic the command-line API, i.e. launch a designated program on call events and pass in various flags. A 3CX rep suggested that I monitor the blog to see if they release an updated command-line API.

Regards,

8. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

In case anyone else is still missing the Command Line API: I've written a 3CX 14 plugin to act as a "bridge" from 3CXPhone 14 to the old Command Line API. It takes 3CXPhone 14 events and translates them to the 3CX MyPhone version 10/11 Command Line API format.

If you'd like to discuss using the Plugin in your own product, contact me offline.

For reference, the original Command Line API documentation is available here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.