Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

CRM Outlook Plugin Doesn't work wit hupgrading assistan

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by t4mack, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t4mack

I just wanted everyone to know the in windows 7 CRM Outlook plugin doesn't work with upgrading assistant. I have tested this on multiple machine and they all had the same result.

2. comresource

comresource Member

I had a similar issue. Open the CRM Preferences and make sure to select which folders you want in the "Contact's folders to use" box.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. t4mack

That was done but it just doesn't work. The only reason I noticed it wasn't working was because I added a contact and it just so happen that person called later. I still go the popup but the information wasn't updated. When I checked the CRM setting the plugin had an X on it. And if you look in Outlook under Help > Privacy Options > Add ins. It was listed as inactive. The only way to fix this was to completely remove the assistant and do an fresh install.

4. safemode

I can confirm this issue also, 4 laptops all running Windows 7 Ulitmate (64bit), Automatic upgrade kills the Outlook 2007 CRM plugin.

Our machines are all domain joined to a SBS 2008 domain, if this has any relevance to the issue.

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

Could you please do the following?

Run the following:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\3CX Assistant\CRM\wizard.exe

Go through the Wizard, and after it is complete try and start the CRM / Assistant / Outlook again and see what happens.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Also could you let us know from what version you were upgrading from and to what version you upgraded TO!

Also, when you say upgrade do you mean the Automatic Updating of the Assistant through the HELP > Update button?
    Or do you mean the Upgrading when you install a newer version over the old assistant?

If the step i gave you above doesn't work, can you try making a fresh install and see if that works for you?

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Do this guys

Go to start run

type %appdata%
    open 3CX Assistant\Bin
    delete this file instPackage.bin

then go to the assistant and make Check for updates again.

This should fix the problem. The problem is because the crm update was done with the old updater. the new updater you updated last will handle this problem. Let me know

8. t4mack

I am upgrading from version 8.0.9924. I tried the CRM wizard but it still doesn't work. And the method I used for upgrading was going to help then upgrade, since this is the easiest way for user to update their assistant. And I don't want to have users navigate their way to delete the file instPackage.bin. It seems a little tedious to have users who aren't that computer literate perform that task. A simple fix in the future wold be highly appreciated though.

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

9924 did not have the message to close outlook.

Outlook must be closed before the update. The message was added later. This is why the addon is not working.

Now if you want to force the users to update without telling them to delete that file it is very easy.

Go to the pbx, start / run
    %allusersprofile%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\AssistantStore

You see that file there info.txt
    Open it and add a number to it - just to make it greater. Leave everything as is.

tell your users to go to their assistant and update and you will see the difference. you will see a message that outlook has to be closed.

The bug is already fixed in the version you have already. The bug was in version 9924 of the updater. 1) we were not detecting outlook open, and 2) it was the updater of 9924 that made the update.
    but now, you do not have 9924 anymore because you updated (even though you have a crm problem.) Now you have 11114 and the updater is also 11114.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.