Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

CSV import needs to honour the InterfaceIP_0 set to FQDN for 3CXPhone & HW phones

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by AlexHeylin, Jan 17, 2017.

CSV import needs to honour the InterfaceIP_0 set to FQDN for 3CXPhone & HW phones 5 5 4votes
5/5, 4 votes

1. AlexHeylin

If using failover FQDN is essential - everywhere. Import from CSV will not use FQDN even if specified in InterfaceIP_0 field. Thus failover can not work unless each extn is changed manually.

Suggestions:
    1. If failover configured default EVERYTHING to use FQDN - or have option to do so.
    2. Make CSV import honour the InterfaceIP_0 field.
    3. Failover should have some checking process that can be run (automatically?) to confirm that everything will work for failover (is using FQDN). Current failover system has several flaws which are made worse by other parts of the system such as this bug.

This bug is really not funny on a system of any size as it takes excessive time to go and correct the extns so they'll failover.

2. AlexHeylin

That would be nice, but right now I'd settle for the options it has working properly when trying to workaround a massive self-destructive limitation built into the system (Forcing IP instead of FQDN when failover is in use and requires FQDN).

3. npereira@cbnco.com

I agree.

Im just about to go from a 1 system setup to a 2 system failover, and was just told that I need to go to each and every 388 extensions I have configured in my system, and change the interface to be the FQDN instead of the IP.

So answer this 3CX? what is the import feature even good for when you can change any columns and import since it will skip each line as the extensions already exists..... If you cant export, then change the setting then import, then find another way to update all extensions in one swoop. If we'd have access to the DB, we could easely do this with a SQL call... Damn ! Ill even pay you to do this for me !