Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

CTI control of remote Yealink phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ccexpert, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccexpert

Is it possible to remote control a Yealink phone that is remote. I am assuming no since the server would try to use the urls on the phone and would not be able to reach it because of STUN remote phones. Does it work with SBC connected phones?

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Could you give an example of what it is you are trying to accomplish or what it is exactly you mean by "remote control a phone yealink phone that is remote"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ccexpert

I have a Yealink t32 that is setup as a remote phone using STUN. When using the 3CXPhone application on my PC in CTI mode, it does not control the phone. It cannot make the phone answer. It cannot make the phone dial.

4. jpillow

okay so first question why are you using stun? Second what happens when you try to answer, or call ,or do anything from softphone in CTI mode? What do you see in the logs?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ccexpert

I am using STUN because I don't want to have to install an SBC at every customer location. Plus if the customer wants to move a phone to a new location and it doesn't have an SBC, it won't work. When the phone rings, the 3CXPhone shows that it is ringing. When I hit answer, nothing happens. The phone doesn't go off hook and the state of the 3CXPhone stays the same.

6. jpillow

replicate the issue and post the logs.

7. akita

Had this problem on our cloud deployment

Had 3cx support on my machine for some time and blamed Windows 8 inbuilt AV

I have since found that, that's not the case and had to make sure the 3cx client was set to "Out of Office" to work..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.