• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CTI Dialing on Yealink Phone - CID Formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcepbx

Customer
Reaction score
Hello all--

On our V14 SP3 PBX install, I've got 3cxPhone set to CTI control our Yealink T48s. On the server side, we've got an outbound rule for our Flowroute SIP trunk that prepends a "tech prefix"--a series of digits followed by an asterisk. This is used by Flowroute for IP based authentication.

The challenge:
After CTI dialing a phone number and pressing Call, the number on the 3cxPhone show the "prepended" phone number. This is a bit confusing for the user, but the real challenge is that the outbound call history on 3cxPhone shows this long string. Try to double click on this, and the call will fail since it's calling an invalid number. See attached for screencap of 3cxPhone call history (numbers obfuscated for security.)

Is there a way to have the 3cxPhone show only the number dialed and not show the prepend?

Attachments

• cid out.png
    cid out.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 4,422
For what it's worth, this appears to only occur when dialing phone numbers that are not found in the 3cx contacts/directory. When the dialed number is found in the directory, it correctly lists the Name and phone number.

Just thought I'd update this, I believe this is a known behavior which has been brought to the R&D departments attention.

Thank you for the update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.