Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

CTI Make Call - actually dial vs put on hold

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by ZenMasta, Nov 11, 2015.

1. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

Presently when I right click a voice mail and choose call,

My phone plays a short tone and the LCD will read:
    Make Call

While the call is in progress it there is no "ringing tone" as if you were actively dialing a call, only silence and then periodically the tone played from my phone.

Correct me if I'm wrong of course. But what I feel is happening is the call is being made behind the scenes and placed on hold or park and then as soon as it actually makes a connection THEN it will transfer the call to my phone.
    Rather than silence and periodic beeps. I would really like to just hear the ringing and all the audio as if I had manually dialed the number myself.

The reason is that many times I am waiting on the line much longer than I should be because I don't hear system messages from the phone number that I'm dialing. such as your call cannot be completed as dialed or similar message. And in these circumstances, and after much silence/periodic beeping I will get a message from 3cx like call transfer failed. But I will never know why. I haven't timed it to be honest, but it's longer than you would wait in any normal situation when calling someone back. I'm talking much longer than a minute, which is pretty reasonable to assume MOST if not all consumer voice mails will have picked up by then.

So after getting call transfer failed message, I manually call these numbers and while I don't have an exact scenario to describe, the call will typically connect but there will be some automated recording/system message saying the number is incorrect etc. And that's pretty much how I came to my conclusion about how I think these calls are being made.

Also, it would be nice if the LCD showed the number called on the 2nd line instead of reading
    Make Call