CTI MakeCall Yealink T42G

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Duff Man, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duff Man

Hi,

I am having the same issue as in this post:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/yealink-t46g-with-cti-mode-3cx-windows-phone-37708.html

But with the Yealink T42G

Is this meant to work correctly, or only via MakeCall for now?

Thanks
    Duff Man

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Given that the post you used is 1.5 years old and you did not indicate if you had updated firmware to the latest 3CX approved or the version of 3CX in use.....cannot say about your situation.

The original poster indicated he was in V12 RC with a T46 and that it was resolved in SP1.

Yealink usually updates their firmware for a series of phone such as the T2X, T3X and T4X, such that they roll-out fixes, features and such for all in the series. Given this, the phone is likely suitably equipped to accommodate, but this still leaves the PBX version up in the air.

Can you define specifically what about the CTI feature is causing issues?

3. Duff Man

3cx is up to date, as far as I know. If I open the cloud manager and click maintenance, Check for updates, it says all is up to date.

I can't find anywhere where I can see a version number, or help about or anything like that.

The phone firmware is up to date, through 3cx, I selected the phone and updated the firmware through 3cx, it is now running 29.73.0.45

The behaviour is as follows:
    Expected behaviour:
    You enter and ring a number from 3cx phone in CTI mode.
    Your handset starts to ring the number over speaker phone, you can pick to either speak over speaker phone, or pick up the handset.
    Current behaviour:
    You enter and ring a number from 3cx phone in CTI mode.
    Your handset says you have a incoming call from "MakeCall"
    You answer the incoming call, now your phone transfers you to the call you tried to make, and you get MOH while it tries to connect you. Until you actually answer the incoming call from MakeCall, the destination doesn't ring.

I have configured this ok with SNOM710 phones and they work as expected, so i am suspecting the issue is not a misconfiguration, however i am not ruling it out.

My question was mainly if this is supported, as from the previous post it seems that 3cx has to implement this for each model phone to make it work correctly, i was enquiring if the T42G is supported yet or not?

Thanks
    Duff Man

4. red45

We are using v12 sp6 with latest template and firmware for T42g and CTI full mode works as expected (full CTI mode has its own various issues, so Make Call mode may not necessarily be a bad thing IMO). It sounds like it could be a problem with your provisioning template - possibly you are still using an old version or it was modified at some point. I'm assuming you've reprovisioned and reset your phones as well already during testing.

5. gbardissi

Agreed we are using T42g's on Cloud server v12 and CTI works as expected.

6. Jake47

I'm having this problem with Yealink T46G.

CTI will work fine for a while - and then it reverts to "make Call"
    If I restart the software on the computer it seems to fix it.

Firmware on phone is 28.73.0.48 and 3cx is 12.5.39117.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.