• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CTI Mode strips + from international number format

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckatterl

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi all,

when dialling for example +436648xxxxxx from 3CX Phone in Softphone mode, it's working properly.
When i dial the same number (same format) from 3CX Phone in CTI-Mode, the + gets removed and it's not working.

The log shows:
15.11.2016 13:25:17 - [CM503010]: Call(C:114): Making route(s) from Extn:9998 to <sip:[email protected]:5060>

I know,I can override this by enabling "replace + by 00" on each client manually, but there must be a more elegant solution for this?

BR, Christian

Hello there,

That option in the 3cx client is there specifically for this reason, to replace the + with 00 as the IP phones do not know what the + is.
You could also replicate this with an outbound rule but that depends how you call local numbers and what the outbound rules for that is. You do not want to have conflicts between those. for example the international numbers excluding the + are 10 digits long. You can create an outbound rule and use the Calls to numbers with a length of 10 prepend 00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.