CTI Not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kmanson, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmanson

Cannot dial in CTI mode on a yealink T-28P version 2.7.0.140. I dial the number and the call button does nothing. I read that this doesn't work outside the local LAN. We have our 3CX hosted on a different subnet in a colocation datacenter.

Any ideas?

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

this is not correct.

the 3cxphone sends the cti commands to the iphones. so it will work in a remote network.
    however i have the feeling ur Firmware on the YL is to old.
    use the new 3cx fw update function to perform an update to the version needed in order to work in cti

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kmanson

Can't upgrade the phone from 3CX, choose, upgrade firmware, check Yealink T28 2.70.0.168, click upgrade,
    , click finish, phone reboots and stays on 2.70.0.140.

Updating model Yealink T28
    Downloading 2.70.0.168.rom
    Local file is up to date (delete it manually if you want to re-download it)
    Applying new firmware for the phone of extension 130
    Sending SIP notify to the device with MAC=00asdfEE
    Click Finish. Your phone will reboot automatically and upgrade the firmware.

So i did a manual upgrade to 2.70.0.168 from the webinterface, and have captured an error below with wireshark.

From Wireshark when trying to dial a number via CTI.
    Source:deskphone, Destination:pC
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Yealink</TITLE> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <META http-equiv=Pragma content=no-cache> </HEAD> <BODY> <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD vAlign="top"> <FORM method="post"> <TR><TD></TD><TD class="normalText"><B> You are not authorized to access the web interface.</B></TD></TR> <TR><TD></TD><TD><SPAN class=pageInfoText><br><br> Please contact your support team or try again 3 minutes later. <br><br><hr><br><br>HTTP 401<br><br> </SPAN></TD></TR> </FORM> </TD> </TR> </TBODY> </TABLE> </BODY></HTML>

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

check the allowed IP of remote control and set to ANY or the IP the request is coming from.

features.action_uri_limit_ip = %%pbx_ip%%

this is in the v70 template for the T38. I would expect similar for the T2x ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kmanson

Thanks craigreilly, phone was using an older template so those entries were missing, upgraded the template to the X.70 version and everything is working. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.