CTI + Outlook "call contact with 3CX"

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Futureweb, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

Hey there,

we are using 3CX Client in CTI Mode. 0 is needed to get external Line. But within Outlook Addressbook the Numbers have no 0 for external Line - can I tell the 3CX Software to add it when calling out of Outlook Addressbook? "call contact with 3CX" seems to ignore Phone Settings of Windows?!?

Thank you
    Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

2. abt1

The only way i know is to use the correct format in Outlook.
    Microsoft uses the canonical format for TAPI in Outlook e.g. +49 (12345) 7654321
    In "Phone and Modem Options" you have to pick your location and fill in youre area code.
    Now you have to specify the number to access an outsideline for local and long-distance calls, in youre case 0.

But keep in mind every number must have the canonical format.

regards
    Klaus

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lauks

I have a similar problem no real solution. Using the Windows TAPI driver all works correctly in Outlook 2016 with 3CX add-on (V14). All phone numbers are saved in E164 (+ for international and brackets for area).
    But when using the 3CX tab and the 3cx buttons, + is not replaced by 00 and the country code is dialed as a number. Do I have to create an outbound rule for the plug-in but not for the TAPI? strange. Any solution would much be appreciated

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Herumakilo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.