• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CTI to Deskphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacedout

Reaction score
We are using Yealink T20 in my office with headsets. I have the desktop apps setup as CTI so our users can copy and paste numbers into the app, to save time. When they press call it calls the number on the deskphone as well.(which is what we want). The problem is though that the phone dials the number in the speaker phone setting instead of the headset. Is there a way to make this option the default? It's defaulted on the phones(I.E you dial on the deskphone you hear the audio through the headset). This only "breaks" when using CTI.

I have dug around on the app, the database and the phone I just don't seem to see anything that could make this a default action. I am curious if someone might have a solution or if we are up a creek without a paddle. While the issue isn't terrible it's a small quality of life I would love fixed.

Thanks,

Hi there,

Did Yealink T20 have handset support ? As i remember the do not

@peacedout
Hi,

What 3CX Phone System version are you using?
According to the description of your issue I can say that you are, probably, using the old CTI template.
Starting from V12.5 the CTI template was modified and that modification fixed your problem.
So, the upgrade of 3CX Phone System will solve your problem.

Hello Aram,

We are on 12.0.3 SP 6. Sadly updating the phone server isn't an option for us right now according to our vendor. After a week of toying with this it seems there is no fix with my current version. Thanks for the reaffirmation though.

@andreaschr

They work with handsets and headsets just fine for me. We have had them in use for about 2 years now. Across three offices. Doing the CTI thing is more of a newer thing we are doing due, to us moving away from the usb headsets. It was causing to many troubleshooting issues with people who were using wireless on laptops with them and complaining about sound quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.