• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CTI view of 3CX Phone shows NOt connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

bannerks

Customer
Reaction score
Hello I have just upgraded to V12 of 3CX,uninstalled the old windows client and installed the new 3CX Phone.
It communicates fine when in 3XCPhone(softphone mode) but when i swicth over to CTI (so i can dial out on the handset from my screen) it shows as Not connected. I do have an entry both in the 3CX Phone Clients and also in Phones against the same extension. Any ideas of how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi there,
What is the model of your hardphone ? and what is its firmware version please?

Hello

It is a Yealink SIP-T46G 28.71.23.4

Thanks

Hi,
Please upgrade to supported firmware 28.71.0.224 from 3CX / Phones page. Then see if issue remains.

Hello

Yes i have completed that and still an issue.
I reinstalled the latest version 8-1 of windows to ensure my software was not in some way corrupted.
I have initially seen the CLI working then it goes to a state of Not Connected and there seems no way to get it talking again.

is there a version of the old client software that would work. My last version worked with non supported talkswitch phones no problem.
This was an important reason for me upgrading all my equipment to a preferred phone and all the software.

Thanks

Hi,
Can you access the phone interface from a browser from this specific machine ?
Can you try stopping all firewalls / antivirus / antimalware for testing ?
Can you try factory resetting / reprovision hardphone to its extension? then on first attempt see if it asks you for remote control, then ack it

Yes I can access the phone from a browser
Tried turning firewalls and anti-virus off n- no difference.

What asks me for remote control 3CX or the phone?
how do you ack a phone?

Thanks

After factory reset, on first CTI attempt if the PC and phone communicate the phone will display a prompt on its screen asking for permission, you must acknowledge it for CTI to work

Hello I factory reset the phone and then I reprovisioned the phone on3cx.
I had uninstalled the phone software on the PC to get as close to a fresh install as possible.
That said as soon as i installed the software it immediately was pointed to the correct extension so the uninstall obviously does not clear down some config setting somewhere (don't think that is relevant)?
Most importantly - no at no point does the phone prompt me to allow access by the CTI client - haveing read the manual that should only happen on the first call.
I cant place the first call because the software is not speaking to the phone - see the pictures - "Not Connected".
Can i see the settings it believes it is routing to somewhere (the phone IP address according to the software - the last one worked like that and was a lot easier to hook up - this is awful, nothing obvious - no way to fault find , no way to manually change the routing - just obvious stuff that would mean i could at least get it working - looks like i have wasted my cash on the upgrade -I only wanted this functionality so i could integrate with my CRM)

No idea how i can possibly get this fixed!!
Looks like a bug to me!
]

Attachments

• 3cx.png
    3cx.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 3,112
Can you confirm the password set in 3CX console / Extensions / your extension / Phone

Provisioning / Phone Web Page Password matches the password of the web interface of your phone

? If not please adjust as this is used by CTI.

To clean the 3CXPhone config completely you can delete file C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming

\3CXPhone for Windows\3CXPhone.xml then reprovision through welcome email.

The CTI commands used are http requests that you can find in file C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\MyPhone\cti_template.xml
So you can try the one for your phone model in a browser.

Hello there checked this and everything looks fine.

I have searched both the server and the desktop for C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\MyPhone\cti_template.xml or any sign of cti_template.xml and it does not seem to be on either computers.

How can i proceed with this now?

Is this a bug with 3CX interoperability with Yealink T46G . If so what can i do or can I manually configure this somehow?

If i had a support package would this be solvable an would the 3CX operatives do a remote control type session to resolve it?

Hi there,
C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder in windows make sure to display all hidden and system files and also file extensions in windows explorer.
Yes if you had support package we would connect through a remote session to investigate this further.

Thanks for all your help.
I finally got to the bottom of this and it was firewall software which had bugs in it.
i was using bitdefender total security 2014. I had turned all protection off for testing but when i upgraded to their latest release the bugs were fixed and the software could immediately communicate with the phone.

Thanks again.

Sorry i have a further question in this.
Actually after a reboot following installing Bitdefender 2015 total security product i have realised that this application has once again stopped the phone communicating with the softphone.

I have tried inserting various exceptions to make them communicate but have hit a brick wall. I have asked Bitdefender to give me some assistance with this.

Could you tell me all the firewall and port and service exceptions that I should try enabling to let them communicate successfully please?

Thanks
K

Hi bannerks,
You should look into allowing http communications to hardphone port 80 tcp, as cti commands are http requests sent from 3cxphone to hardphone.
For the presences I would suggest to refer to article : http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cxphone-presence-self-help/

Hello there

Just a brief update.
I tried everything with bitdefender firewall and having uninstalled it concluded that bitdefender interferes with this application no matter the settings. Bitdefender are looking into it . In the meantime i have installed Norton 360 and all is working appropriately.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.