• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CTI with unsupported phones (Siemens)

Status
Not open for further replies.

narkumas

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi!
I have some Unify (Siemens) OpenStage 40 Phones, which are too good to trash them.
They actually are SIP Clients of my 3CX. But I am missing two things:

1) How can I do CTI with the 3CX Client? I do not know anything about the technique being used for CTI. Is there a common interface?

2) I would like to provision the phones with 3CX, so I will have to write some provisionig file. Does anyone know how an OpenStage config file must look like?

I would appreciate if someone would spend some minutes to support me.

cheers
Marius

btw: The Phone supports uaCSTA.

Hello @narkumas,

CTI is used from the Web Client via ua-CSTA or with the 3CX SoftPhone via HTTP. These two ways however can be used only with supported phones (that have been tested and confirmed operation with the 3CX PBX).

Although these two ways will not work in your case, there is the option of "Make Call", which roughly means that the 3CX client will make the call but will "transfer" it to the IP Phone.

For the phone provisioning, basically the phones will have to be provisioned manually.

More information on CTI here >> https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/web-client/#h.yf3akapipoxr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.