Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

CTI with Windows 8 and YEALINK T20P

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3CXNewbie, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3CXNewbie

Hi there,

I can find a few threads about CTI but they are locked.

I have 3CX Phone System v12.0.33517.465 and the Yealink T20P handsets.

I can use 3CX Phone for windows in 3CX phone mode, but not in CTI mode. I have updated the firmware to V70-IUK 9.70.23.8 as recommended in earlier posts.

When dialling from the physical phone, 3CX for windows displays the number and status. When dialling from Windows, I can type in the number but when I press Call, nothing happens.

With Avaya, I remember we needed the TAPI driver for AVAYA installed. Is this the issue here and where can I get the driver from?

Thanks.

2. JonnyM

Have you tried 9.71.0.168?

http://www.yealink.com/SupportDownloadfiles_detail.aspx?CateId=187&flag=142

3. 3CXNewbie

RESOLVED.

Thanks JonnyM.

I wrongly assumed http://www.yealink.co.uk/downloads/ had the latest firmware updates.

Works fine now.

4. JonnyM

Never trust the regional versions of websites, it doesn't matter on the size of the company they all seem to struggle to keep anything but their 'main' site up to date.

5. 3CXNewbie

Re: CTI with Windows 8 and YEALINK T21P

Our system is now live. As the T20P was discontinued, we went for the T21P. I am trying to get the T21P to work in CTI mode. Upgraded firmware to 34.71.0.76 but can't use in CTI mode. You dial a number and you don't get the option on the handset to accept. Am I using the wrong firmware??

Thanks.

6. ccomley

I had exactly this with a Yealink T42.

The solution was to flash the phone to the version of firmware supplied by *3CX* - just go to the Phones screen in 3CX Admin portal, select the phone in question, then click the "Upgrade Firmware" button at the top of the screen.

Once I'd done this, and rebooted the phone, and re-started the 3CXPhone CTI in Windows, it worked a charm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.