CTI Yealink VP530

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mixig, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

i have few Yealink VP530 for test. I tested CTI (v12 SP3). Just to confirm my results:

CTI is working if:
    1) Phone is configured with 3cx auto provisioning
    and
    2) It has supported firmware (23.70.0.63 (Supported by 3CX Phone System)) (one phone is upgraded manualy, another via 3cx console)

If the phone has 23.70.0.63 firmware and it is configured manually CTI doesnt work. Why?
    Also if I want upgrade the firmware, phone must be provisioned with 3cx auto provisioning, otherwise i cant upgrade the firmwarec via 3cx console.

So if I have 100 phones I must all of them to configure with 3cx autoprovisioning and then do the firmware upgrade?

I beleive the situation is the same with another yealink models...

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Also, i cant even make a calls from 3cx phone (from presence list) if the phone is not configured with 3cx auto provisioning

3. mlump

mlump New Member

Why would you want to manually configure the phones over 3CX auto provisioning?

You have to specify the phone as a model that supports CTI inside of 3CX to use it, as well the admin password for the phone has to match what is setup as the admin password for the desk-phone under the phone provisioning tab of the ext.

4. mixig

mixig Active Member

I am just asking... i am doing some tests so just to be sure how is working...

also one more question... there is a note on this link:

http://www.3cx.com/3cxphone/windows/manual/cti/

"In order to use the Auto-answer feature / Intercom with non CTI supported phones (only works with the Cisco SPA series)".... -> is that mean that if I have some unsupported phones (like avaya 46xx series) make call will not work at all? To be more specific 3cx phone is only working with yealink, snom and grandstream (CTI), and make call with cisco spa, all other phones can not work with 3cx phone at all? -> that people can only watch the status of the presence list, and they can not making call from the 3cx phone...

5. mlump

mlump New Member

MakeCall still works, I have a couple of customers on v12 with non CTI supported phones. For those phones the system forgoes CTI and uses MakeCall just as in v11.

6. mixig

mixig Active Member

Thanks for the reply, i will try it tomorrow with some non CTI supported phone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.