Custom#1 & Custom#2 Status**DISCUSSION FEAT REQUEST

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PaulD, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulD

Hi

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to rename the terms 'Custom#1' and 'Custom#2'? We are an educational user and would find it helpful to rename 'Custom#1' to 'Teaching' for example. This would be more friendly and indicative than using the generic 'Away' status.

Many thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. carolinainnovative

Re: Custom#1 & Custom#2 Status**Discussion

Not currently - but it has been requested.

3. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi , yes this can be done. Just go to 3CX folder > Data > Http > Includes and edit the language file for Management and Myphone.

Just Find all words related to Custom1 and Replace with whatever text you want.
    The same must be done for Custom2. Also a restart of the Phone system is required and done.

Thanks and Regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PaulD

Many thanks. Presumably, I'll need to repeat the exercise with each 3CX version update?

Paul

5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Yes, this can be done for the Call Assistant too. You can change this by going - C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\3CX Assistant\data and edit the language file.
    Thanks and Regards

6. PaulD

OK. The fact that it can be done at all is most useful. Have you considered including these terms within the user definable 'Custom Parameters' variables section?

Many thanks

7. carolinainnovative

well darn - I thought I read it couldn't be done.

Any way we can get this in the GUI - maybe something the assistant downloads from 3cx instead of having to edit it on each client?

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Just change it from the language file. We have more important things to worry about at the moment. You can also explain to your users that CUSTOM1 = TEACHING. or modify the language files and keep a backup of them. You can change the ones of the assistant too. Then get all the language files and take a backup of them before you uninstall. Then we will see what we can do later.

9. PaulD

Agreed and I will do just that. I'll need to automate the client side file update because we have a lot of machines. This is an acceptable approach in the short term but I will manually reapply the changes with each version release since the solution you advise risks losing 3CX new additions to the language files.

I fully understand the need to prioritise tasks. Is there any chance of adding this to a low priority wishlist?

Many thanks and keep up the good work.

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi - All you need to do is change 2 entries in local language files of the server.
    Myphone and management resources are here
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\includes

Then with the assistant you can distribute any language file updates you need by modifying the zip file
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\AssistantStore\tcx.assistant.client.zip
    Folder ClientUpdates_data_initdata - change them there for the clients. Clients will update and entries will be changed.

Yes we will add something like this in the future.
    The English language file is not going to change so much.

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Ok post this in feature request forums.

12. PaulD

Sorry, I'm new to these forums. As Site Admin, can you move the whole thread or do I need to reproduce it?

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.