Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Custom Call Logs - Anyone done the work already?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by houston, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houston

The 3CX Call Reporter is, shall we say, lacking. In a way it's worse than nothing, because it shows that the data is there, but just out of reach.

I've spent some time searching here and on Google, but so far haven't found anything that shows how to get at the raw call log data or to get a useful report out of the 3CX Call Log exports. (What the heck was 3CX thinking?!)

I'm hoping that someone out there has already figured out how to get the Call Reporter to save all calls withing a date range to a file, pull it into Excel or Crystal Reports or SOMETHING, and then spit out some useful information. I've looked at the CSV files, and will attempt to get Excel to digest them, but they look to be a mess.

I know that the the lack of decent call reporting will be a deal breaker with some customers. How can I tell them, "You should add a new line, you're maxing out your existing ones for 30 minutes a day." or answer the question, "How many hours a day is Bob on the phone, and how many calls a day is he making?" or give them a report they can compare against what their service provider bills them for?

I don't want to reinvent the wheel, so I'm hoping someone might be willing to reply back, and share what they've worked out.

Thanks much!

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

There are some people who have done custom call logs, and the support team can provide a SQL solution that might assist you. Please open a support ticket and we will discuss it further.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

It already exports to excel. When you view the call report, just SAVE AS and you can pick a bunch of different formats.

It's had this ability for a while.

If you want really advanced logging, you can send me a PM as we do advanced custom integration for 3CX as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. houston

Yes, I had seen that. So, I tell it to give me a simple call log of the month so far. Go through the nicely formatted list of calls to make sure there's data in it. (I can't just get, for example, external calls, because then it comes up with no data...grr.) Save to .xml format, unchecked the WYSIWYG option (or leave it checked, no visible difference.) and get an .XML file that, opening in Office 2007, is seemingly empty in spite of an almost 200Kb size.

So, I've got the customer not wanting so much "Customized" reports, but the more or less standard reports they've seen in other systems.

Average/Total Lines/Channels in use broken down by hour
    Calls/Minutes/Made/Received by extension by hour
    Calls to/from specific numbers

Real basic stuff. No call queues here, they just want to track salesperson activity, and I want to track overall system usage statistics to have an idea where they stand capacity wise. I can't exactly say, hey, 3CX is saving you X number of dollars a month, because we can safely get rid of Y number of extra lines, if I can't tell whether or not it's safe to get rid of those lines.

I really wasn't looking to go custom, just for some boilerplate reports that were useful. With charts/pictures so they look impressive. It's bad enough that someone has to log on to the 3CX system to generate this stuff (it should all be web based), the fact that what's generated doesn't seem useful just makes it worse.

Ah well, looks like I need to invent the wheel after all. I don't get why folks aren't clamoring for better reporting, so I guess most folks can suck this into Excel and spit out something useful. Sigh, I may have to hire someone. I'm all over Exchange..Excel, not so much.

Anyway, I'll ding Support, to see what they suggest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.