• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Custom call routing based on inbound number AND Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomschtick

Free User
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We currently have two locations and two toll free numbers, but all calls come into one location.

The desire is to break it up so that one of the 800 numbers goes to the other location plus some smart routing.

What I'm looking for is if a call comes into 8001234567, the call should be greeted by a digital receptionist that says "thanks for calling, if you know your parties extension dial it now or stay on the line and you will be routed to your account manager based on your area code - you may also press zero for assistance." If they don't dial an extension (or press zero), the CID should be checked to see what area code they are calling from. The area code is matched up to a call queue or ring group for the sales people that are responsible for that area and the call goes directly to the account manager that is responsible for that area code.

We have the country broken up into six sections, so I need to find out a way to set up a rule for (hopefully) each area (if area code = 801,435,385, etc) then area = 1 and route to the area 1 queue. I hope that I do not have to set up a separate rule for every area code in the whole country.

I have set up six ring groups with the appropriate agents extensions in them, but I'm not sure how to process the incoming calls to figure out what number they are calling and also what area code they are calling from. If caller ID is blocked, then I think that I'll just create a ring group that rings all the agents at once.

In psudo code I see it going like this:

Code:
If inbound # = 8001234567 Then
   Digital Receptionist 
      If 0 pressed then 
         forward to receptionist
      else if ext dialed then
         forward to ext
      else if nothing dialed then 
         determine area code then
            forward to appropriate ring group
      end if
End If
Can anyone help with getting this set up?

Re: Custom call routing based on inbound number AND Caller I

Hi,

This is doable with the 3CX VAD. Voice Application Designer - more information from here. http://www.3cx.com/Voice-Application-Designer/index.html
You just need to transfer the call to a VAD application when the user does not press anything (the case where they need to determine the area code).
Then, using a Conditional component you can select different queues for different calling numbers (Caller IDs).
You can determine the area code analyzing the first numbers of the Caller ID.

Regards!

Re: Custom call routing based on inbound number AND Caller I

There is a recent link going over routing invound calls based on caller ID which can be done see lnik below./

http://www.3cx.com/forums/route-incoming-calls-based-on-the-caller-id-of-the-caller-32160.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars001
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.