Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Custom caller ID without country code on international calls?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bananflue, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bananflue

Hi.

I have successfully set up asterisk with SIP Trunk and custom caller ID works fine when calling numbers within the United States (SIP Trunk from US).

When calling a US number, the custom caller ID shows up as specified in asterisk config on the recipient phone without country code (+1).

However, I want to do international calls as well with custom caller ID, but when calling international numbers and specifying country code (0045 for Denmark etc), the number shows up as +145<number>. I cannot seem to find a way to get rid of the +1 country code.

Is this possible? I do not have any DID's as these are only used for incoming calls from my understanding, and I only care about outbound calls.

Do I have to get a SIP Trunk provider from each of the countries I wish to call to set a callerID that will show up without country code on the recipients phone or can I do some magic in the asterisk configuration files?

For reference, here are my configuration files:
    sip.conf: https://pastebin.com/7Wsw4Z9L
    extensions.conf: https://pastebin.com/sTj0vsiD

All help and suggestions/improvements to config files are appreciated as I am new to VoIP.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bananflue

Thank you for pointing me to the correct support forum. I will make a post there.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.