Custom caller ID without country code on international calls?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bananflue, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bananflue

Hi.

I have successfully set up asterisk with SIP Trunk and custom caller ID works fine when calling numbers within the United States (SIP Trunk from US).

When calling a US number, the custom caller ID shows up as specified in asterisk config on the recipient phone without country code (+1).

However, I want to do international calls as well with custom caller ID, but when calling international numbers and specifying country code (0045 for Denmark etc), the number shows up as +145<number>. I cannot seem to find a way to get rid of the +1 country code.

Is this possible? I do not have any DID's as these are only used for incoming calls from my understanding, and I only care about outbound calls.

Do I have to get a SIP Trunk provider from each of the countries I wish to call to set a callerID that will show up without country code on the recipients phone or can I do some magic in the asterisk configuration files?

For reference, here are my configuration files:
    sip.conf: https://pastebin.com/7Wsw4Z9L
    extensions.conf: https://pastebin.com/sTj0vsiD

All help and suggestions/improvements to config files are appreciated as I am new to VoIP.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bananflue

Thank you for pointing me to the correct support forum. I will make a post there.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.