Custom Configuration Patton 4114

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by teldata1, Jul 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teldata1

I'm trying to provision a Patton FXO gateway so that I can use two hunt groups with two different destinations routed on the PBX (lets say each group consists of two analog lines) Whats the best way to go about this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Setup inbound DIDs. It's in the 3CX documentation for the Patton SN4114. Route them to the appropriate destinations.

Outbound is more complicated but inbound super easy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    teldata1 likes this.
  3. teldata1

Ah thanks that is easy. How would outbound work then?

4. teldata1

Can anyone assist with the outbound configuration?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Inbound DID doesn't really work on a PSTN gateway as there is no DID (dialled) number sent, only caller ID, if available. It sounds as if you want to break the trunk group, consisting of four members, into two trunk groups with two members each. You will have to create a custom template, as far as I'm aware, to accomplish this. Others may have done this in the past, so a template may be available, if they care to share.

This link https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/multi-line-pstn-gateway/ suggests that multiple trunk groups on a gateway are no longer "officially" supported unless migrated from an older version. This doesn't mean that it can't be done, just that it isn't going to be easy, unless someone can provide a template.

That link came from this post...https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/choose-did-as-outgoing-line.37636/

#5 leejor, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  6. teldata1

It seems 3CX configured a way to get past that issue, see step 5 of this how-to. https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/patton-smartnode-sn4112/

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That will work if each PSTN line on the gateway is a unique phone number, or, line 1 and line two are the same hunt group, and line 3 and four are a second hunt group (as ordered from your provider). If all four lines belong to the same hunt group, then incoming calls to the pilot number could be presented on any of the four lines, and assigning pseudo DID numbers would be pointless.

8. teldata1

Yeah, and in my case they are two seperate hunt groups. My main problem is I want to control which pilot number the user dials out on.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Then you would have to create two trunk groups in 3CX, manually, from the sounds of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.