Custom CRM Integration Template Fails to Upload

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by bigtyre, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigtyre

I followed the instructions in https://www.3cx.com/docs/crm-integration/ to develop a simple server side custom CRM integration to connect to our contact management systems. When attempting to add it to 3CX I get an ArgumentNullException as shown below. It does add it to the list of integrations but even after restarting the 3CX services 'Show Template' always shows an empty template for that integration and selecting OK after picking my integration from the list reverts to None when the CRM integration page is opened again. I've attached the integration template with any private details omitted. The template produces results correctly when tested through the CRM Integration Editor.

The stack trace displayed is:
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: value
    at System.Xml.Linq.XAttribute..ctor(XName name, Object value)
    at CrmIntegration.CrmIntegrationRepository.ToXml(CrmIntegrationConfiguration crmIntegration)
    at CrmIntegration.CrmIntegrationRepository.Save(CrmIntegrationConfiguration crmIntegration)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Controllers.CrmListController.UploadServerCrm(ILicenseService licenseService, ICollection`1 fileInput)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__12.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__10.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContext context)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__14.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.d__22.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.Rethrow(ResourceExecutedContext context)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.d__17.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.d__15.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.d__4.MoveNext()
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.d__3.MoveNext()

Attached Files:

Mykhailo likes this.
  2. bigtyre

I just tested a completely blank template (created a new template, changed the name in the root element to TestTemplate and saved it) and it also fails with the same error.

3. Nicunj Kabaria

Hi, I am facing the same kind of other issues as well.
    I have generated xml template file with the help of software "3CX server side CRM template generator". Also, I have configured my developed REST apis to get contact detail by phone number.
    It shows me below message everytime in 3CX portal > CRM Integration.
    Message: "Your CRM integration is working but phone was not resolved to a contact. Please check log for undetected errors and warnings and try different phone"

It also shows "Result obtained".

But I have put debug pointer in my API and I am creating log file and writing to check. But it seems API calls does not take place from testing portion of CRM integration in 3CX settings.

Please help me on this.

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @bigtyre,

This is because your template is not specifying the Country. You need to add that attribute to the "Crm" element. Your Crm element looks like this:
    Code:
    <Crm xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" Name="BigTyre" Version="1">
    And you need to add Country="US" for example, or any value you like:
    Code:
    <Crm xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" Name="BigTyre" Version="1" Country="US">
    The Country attribute is not used at the moment, but it's mandatory. The error message should be more descriptive, we will improve that.

Please give it a try and let me know.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Mykhailo likes this.
  5. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Nicunj Kabaria,

The message "Your CRM integration is working but phone was not resolved to a contact. Please check log for undetected errors and warnings and try different phone" means that 3CX managed to connect to the CRM, and the HTTP requests succeeded, however they didn't return any contact. You can check the response returned by your CRM in the logs tab.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. bigtyre

Hello @edossantos,

Thanks for your help. In addition to improving the error message, adding that Country is a required field to docs/server-side-crm-template-xml-description and docs/crm-integration would be helpful.

I'm having the same issue as @Nicunj Kabaria now. Where is the logs tab located that you mentioned in your response to them?

7. bigtyre

Nevermind, I found it under Activity Log on the dashboard.

8. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I was referring to 3CX Console > Settings > CRM Integration > Server Side tab > Test button > Logs tab.

You can also check the CRM engine logs in file 3cxSystemService.log.

9. PatrickS

I have the similar issue, all the variables are set, and outputs are defined, however, it still says.

The message "Your CRM integration is working but phone was not resolved to a contact. Please check log for undetected errors and warnings and try different phone"

test log:

Code:
    Started scenario with empty id
    Request text: https://testserver.com/crm/api/v1/Contact/5b65955e7f4817cef
    Response text: {"id":"5b65955e7f4817cef","name":"Demo Last","deleted":false,"salutationName":"Mr.","firstName":"Demo","lastName":"Last","accountId":"57e2c4efccc9eb223","title":"CEO","description":"Description long text","emailAddress":"abc1@gmail.com","phoneNumber":"0000000000","doNotCall":false,"addressStreet":"street","addressCity":"city","addressState":"state","addressCountry":"Australia","addressPostalCode":"1111","accountIsInactive":false,"accountType":"","createdAt":"2018-08-04 12:00:30","modifiedAt":"2018-08-04 15:48:30","emailAddressIsOptedOut":false,"emailAddressData":[{"emailAddress":"abc1@gmail.com","lower":"abc1@gmail.com","primary":true,"optOut":false,"invalid":false},{"emailAddress":"abc2@gmail.com","lower":"abc2@gmail.com","primary":false,"optOut":false,"invalid":false},{"emailAddress":"abc3@gmail.com","lower":"abc3@gmail.com","primary":false,"optOut":false,"invalid":false},{"emailAddress":"abc4@gmail.com","lower":"abc4@gmail.com","primary":false,"optOut":false,"invalid":false}],"phoneNumberData":[{"phoneNumber":"0000000000","primary":true,"type":"Mobile"},{"phoneNumber":"1111111111","primary":false,"type":"Office"},{"phoneNumber":"2222222222","primary":false,"type":"Home"},{"phoneNumber":"3333333333","primary":false,"type":"Fax"},{"phoneNumber":"4444444444","primary":false,"type":"Other"},{"phoneNumber":"0000000001","primary":false,"type":"Mobile"},{"phoneNumber":"1111111110","primary":false,"type":"Office"},{"phoneNumber":"2222222220","primary":false,"type":"Home"},{"phoneNumber":"5551234","primary":false,"type":"Other"}]}
    Response finished
    Variable fn set to Demo
    Variable em set to abc1@gmail.com
    Variable p set to 0000000000
    Finished scenario with empty id
    Result obtained
    In the template, I did specify outputs..
    HTML:
          <Outputs AllowEmpty="true">
            <Output Type="FirstName" Value="[fn]" />
            <Output Type="Email" Value="[em]" />
            <Output Type="PhoneMobile" Value="[p]" />
          </Outputs>

#9 PatrickS, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  10. PatrickS

11. PatrickS

I think I have found the reason why. The output record has to contain the Incoming Number as one of the phone fields. If not, 3CX will deem that as invalid record and discard it. Since I'm using demo data, it's not matching.

please pay attention to ' - '

for example :
    555-6666
    vs

They are not treated as the same number when 3CX examine
    <outputs> ---- Template determined API outputs
    [Number] --- the query number (inbound Number)

12. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes, you need to return the phone number you're searching for. And also, you need to provide the Output "ContactUrl", otherwise the contact will be inserted in 3CX Contacts but not considered a complete CRM contact, and a new search will be triggered for each inbound call, creating new contacts in 3CX Contacts with the same name...

13. PatrickS

Thank you for pointing out the ContactUrl, and it's better we add it in the documentation.

14. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes, we will be improving the documentation on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.