Custom Logo

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Maeldun, Sep 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maeldun

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any way to change the 3CX logo for another one, on the android/ios/windows software. I am currently working for a VoIP provider, and the phones it provides include its logo, but on mobile phones the software is still called 3cx with the original logo... And we're looking for a solution if there is one.

Thanks a lot.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Been asked - apparently the owner himself said "no".
    I was not a part of that conversation so I can not give you any details.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would think that something of that sort (re-branding someone else's software) would require an agreement between 3CX and the other party.

4. craigreilly

Leejor - I think he is asking about changing the Logo on the 3cx Softphone varieties.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That's what I meant too. Since 3CX wrote and provides that phone software, to remove the 3CX logo and either leave unbranded, or replace the brand with another, would, I suspect, require the approval of 3CX.

6. craigreilly

I have said before that I think paid licenses of 3cx should be able to update the logo somehow.
    ie: I bought Pro version of 3cx, I should be able to put my logo or remove the 3cx logo.
    Its like the car dealer advertising on my car. I tell them not to adhere the sticker or remove it as I have bought the car. A little different than licensing software, but the general idea.
    :)

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's a little more like Ford buying a few thousand Kias, taking the Kia name off, putting on a Ford nameplate, then re-selling them, without asking Kia for permission. It's a re-branding of a product that is then being or leased to someone else. You are attempting to take credit for the product by putting your name on it.

If you ask, and the company that produces the product says "Go ahead, we don't care, in fact here is how to do it", then fine, go ahead. Or, if you figure out how to change the name, for you own use, then at least you know that you didn't make the product. But you can't just take it upon yourself to change the name on a product, then sell that product to someone else, without permission.

8. craigreilly

Keep a small 3cx logo in the corner. The phone manufacturers let me put my logo on the screen. Go ahead, tell me again about licensing vs owning, etc. :)

I understand if I were a 3cx Server FREE VERSION user... But I am not. I paid for the server license. Allow me to brand the softphones in some way...

9. PatrickTodd

Plenty of softwares allow rebranding for internal purposes, from firewalls to Gmail you can customize your logo. Is that not an option anywhere?

10. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I understand why a lot of people would want this but the CEO of 3CX has addressed the issue himself in the following 'Ideas' thread:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/corporate-logo-customizations-rejected-partially-41967.html

Quoting the exact response from this thread:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.