Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Custom Paging Alert for anouncements

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wes1007, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wes1007

Hi everyone,

I have set up a simple PA system on a premise and i am wanting to know if it is at all possible to play a sound at the beginning of the call to alert people that an announcement is being made.

I have 4 Snom PA1s in a group but would also like for the alert to work when calling each device individually.

Had a quick look around and I don't see anywhere to enable / customize this... any help would be appreciated

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Announcements are generally done with multicast or intercom -
    I do not have experience with all handsets but usually these both produce a tone.
    An intercom call from one extension to another should result in a tone as well.

Is this what you are after?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

In addition to Craig's thoughts -
    You might do what many have done for years:

Set up the page and then when you are reasonably sure that the connections are established, press any of the phone's buttons to generate a DTMF tone(s).

You can press as many or as few as you like and it doesn't get any more custom than that.

This used to be a fairly standard practice of old, not so much to pre-announce to the intended audience, but more so to confirm to the initiator that the system was up and ready.

4. wes1007

Thanks guys!

The PA1 does have a tone that plays but i've played around with reconfiguring it and its just not loud enough when compared to the volume of the announcers voice.

Going to try a custom ringtone on it and somehow get it to auto answer after it rings once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.