Custom Paging Alert for anouncements

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wes1007, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wes1007

Hi everyone,

I have set up a simple PA system on a premise and i am wanting to know if it is at all possible to play a sound at the beginning of the call to alert people that an announcement is being made.

I have 4 Snom PA1s in a group but would also like for the alert to work when calling each device individually.

Had a quick look around and I don't see anywhere to enable / customize this... any help would be appreciated

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Announcements are generally done with multicast or intercom -
    I do not have experience with all handsets but usually these both produce a tone.
    An intercom call from one extension to another should result in a tone as well.

Is this what you are after?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

In addition to Craig's thoughts -
    You might do what many have done for years:

Set up the page and then when you are reasonably sure that the connections are established, press any of the phone's buttons to generate a DTMF tone(s).

You can press as many or as few as you like and it doesn't get any more custom than that.

This used to be a fairly standard practice of old, not so much to pre-announce to the intended audience, but more so to confirm to the initiator that the system was up and ready.

4. wes1007

Thanks guys!

The PA1 does have a tone that plays but i've played around with reconfiguring it and its just not loud enough when compared to the volume of the announcers voice.

Going to try a custom ringtone on it and somehow get it to auto answer after it rings once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.