Custom parameters on V14?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by telin, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telin

Hi, everyone!

I am playing with multi-tenant, version 14.
    I realized that I want to change the amount of digits for extension that I have on my server without deleting it, and the only way to do that was to go to Advanced Settings and change some of the Custom Parameters.

However, I just did not find that in the settings.

Is there any access to the same thing in the V14, or should it be done somehow in the database or other files?

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi Telin,
    Unfortunately what you describe is not possible, the extension digit plan size is set once at setup wizard and can't be altered after cf admin manual :

http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/
    "The wizard will then ask you for the digit length of your extension numbers. This is a very important decision since it cannot be altered later without re-installing and re-configuring the PBX from scratch."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. telin

Strangely, I saw few posts on this forum, which confirm that you could do it:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/extension-number-lengths-11826.html

Anyways, are we going to have the Custom Parameters on V14?

4. telin

Anything?

5. advanced25

Are you missing the Custom Parameters tab or just the settings you mentioned? I am running in multi-tenant mode as well and I don't have the Custom Parameters tab at all.

I need to change some settings but don't know how without this tab!

6. AlexanderHanna

Telin, you want to search for "ENL" which is Extension Number Length. However as was stated, 3CX says that this can not be done. I tried this sometime back to change the extension length from 3 to 4 and while I was able to change the custom parameter and add new extensions with 4 digits, there were issues. This will not change system extensions nor the existing extensions that are 3 digits.

You best bet is to reinstall and select 4 digits. Be sure to export the extensions from your existing install first, then change them to the desired 4 digits using excel and after the reinstall, import the extensions with the new 4 digits.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.