Solved Custom Phone Provisioning?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JST, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JST

JST New Member

Is it possible to create a custom phone provisioning file? For example, I see that you are supporting the Cisco 7961, but not the Cisco 7975G. I believe it should pretty much work with the same file. The only difference would be some extra buttons on the Cisco 7975G which could be added manually.

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JST

JST New Member

Your solution is for V14, but I was able to find it under Settings -> Templates in V15 as well. Not sure how I missed it...

Thank you! :)

4. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Yeah.. some of the template paths are off in the articles, but your question was more of a generic 'can you'. The other problem you will likely run into with regards to the Cisco phones are that you technically need active SmartNet to get the SIP firmware for the phones (typically they are running SCCP firmwares, and that Cisco very poorly documents the process for provisioning their phones under SIP.

Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. JST

JST New Member

Thank you!

I just played around with the template functionality and copied the Gigaset N510 to a custom Gigaset C610A. It somewhat worked, but I am not sure what the process is for multiple extensions. I was able to provision the phone to one extension, but when I try it for a second extension (the base station supports up to 6 handsets), it doesn't allow me to do so because the MAC address is already assigned.

Maybe somebody got this running on a Gigaset N510 which is supported?

Yeah. I figured I would face more issues with a Cisco phone...

6. Sopock

Sopock Member

Additional extensions cannot be
    provisioned and must be created manually inside of the base station.

7. JST

JST New Member

Thank you! That makes sense. It seems to work. :)

8. Hector Rodriguez

I have a quick question, I've tried to edit one of the templates on v15 but it looks like it does not take the changes, it's for the yealinkT4x.ph.xml file, I checked the link posted above (which BTWis for v14) and I'm unable to make any changes on the file, it's like if I don't have permission, am I doing something wrong?

thanks in advance for the help.

9. JST

JST New Member

Did you press the save button? The UI is somewhat confusing for templates because you have a big OK button on top (similar to all other configuration menus) and then there is a smaller Save button (next to the copy button) further down. If you only press OK, it doesn't save.

I did the same thing... ;)

10. Hector Rodriguez

Hi, my apologies, maybe I needed to post a little bit more info, just to explain my scenario, I have over 50 Yealink T22P IP phones connected through my 3CX V15 management console, I see the "templates" section under settings, I do see the template yealink.ph.xml, but it seems to be in a read-only mode, I'm unable to edit it, I can't neither cut nor paste either.
    I want to set the parameter on the line 1672: "phone_setting.lcd_logo.mode" to 0 so that the IP LCD will stop switching between the 3CX logo and the time stamp (image attached) but it does not let me change anything on the original file.

Another thing I did as a walk-around is I created a copy of that yealink file (which I was perfectly able to edit) but now I looks like I need to go through each one of the phones and load that new customized file in order for the phones to take the changes, is there any other most-efficient way to get this done to be able to edit this parameter and update all of the phones simultaneously?

I hope I made myself clear, but if any additional information is required just let me know and I can post it here.

Attached Files:

11. JST

JST New Member

I don't think it is possible to change the original template. I believe that's why they have added the function to copy an existing template. I also haven't seen any mass processing capabilities. Maybe 3CX support would know? Sorry, but I am new to 3CX myself.

12. Hector Rodriguez

Hi thank you for your response, I've been playing with the options all day long and I finally found the solution (I think), the template .xml file can be edited from its location, you can find it under settings > parameters > PROVISIONING_FOLDER_ROOT (it's something like this C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\phones) here you can edit the files using admin permissions with an editor such as Sublime or Notepad ++, just make sure after making the changes you restart the services, it worked for me and after changing the source file code, you just need to re-provision the phones, thank you so much for all your guidance.
    Regards!

13. JST

JST New Member

That's good to know. Thanks for sharing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.