Solved Custom SMTP Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DJimenez, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJimenez

I upgraded to the most recent version (15.5.8801.3) over the weekend. Everything works fine except email notifications. I can't use my email server only the 3CX SMTP server. Any ideas why? I have the Professional perpetual license.

2. Sopock

Sopock Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DJimenez

4. MichaelTC

Windows 10 Pro (15.5.8801.3) same issue also professional perpetual license.

Using a simple custom smtp server (port 25) to our exchange 2010, upon testing the "new email settings interface" I receive the 'No compatible authentication mechanisms found'.

3cxSystemService.log
    2018/02/14 16:29:46.208|7040|0007|Excpt|System.NotSupportedException: No compatible authentication mechanisms found.
    at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.Authenticate(Encoding encoding, ICredentials credentials, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at MailKit.MailService.Authenticate(String userName, String password, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at GenericUtilsNet.Mail.SmtpConnect(SmtpClient smtpClient)
    at GenericUtilsNet.Mail.Send(AlternateView calendarData)
    at _3cxSystemService.VoiceMailScanner.EmailNotif.SendMail()
    at _3cxSystemService.VoiceMailScanner.BoxesMonitor.ProcessList(List`1 list, Dictionary`2 problematicDirectories, ManualResetEvent stopEvent)

#4 MichaelTC, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  5. jhaney

I am seeing the same error as well. Internal Exchange 2010 server. Any update on this?

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

what are the configuration settings in your exchange? As this is clear: No compatible authentication mechanisms found. All offered exchange auth methods can not be used by 3CX. I personal go with IP auth for my 3CX pbx on a custom SMTP port

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. jhaney

Disregard, got it working, thanks.

8. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

if you could share with the users of the forum your altered changes would be great

9. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

10. Ryan Parsons

Had this exact issue and found this forum post during my course of troubleshooting. The issue in our environment was TLS 1.2 was not enabled in the registry on the smtp server in Microsoft Server 2008 R2.

Found the following articles:

Enabling TLS 1.2: https://support.quovadisglobal.com/kb/a433/how-to-enable-tls-1_2-on-windows-server-2008-r2.aspx

Also verify that SSL 2.0 and 3.0 are disabled: https://www.sslshopper.com/article-how-to-disable-ssl-2.0-in-iis-7.html

When you are done reboot the server. Log into the 3CX console and go back to Settings -> Email and check Enable SSL/TLS. Verify the rest of your smtp server settings are correct and press the Test button.

Verify anything else that depends on the SMTP server is functioning correctly. If the server is a WAN facing server, also hit it with this: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/.

#10 Ryan Parsons, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.