Custom SMTP server

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Michael Knutson, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Michael Knutson

We just upgraded to V15.5 from V.14 standard and now we can't use a custom SMTP server. It makes us use the 3CX server. It would be very nice to have the ability to use our own server since we are paying for the software. Seems like something that is going backward not forwards.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Standard Version only has this requirement.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Michael Knutson

I realize that but upgrading to PRO for just custom SMTP seems a little much. They are taking away functions of the PBX.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I was adding information for the purpose of those coming behind me and saying "oh I didn't know that!"... they should understand the full scenario before voting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

3CX has stated that customers with a 3CX Standard License that use custom SMTP can retain that setting. This works for people already on v15/v15.5, You can put in a ticket with 3CX and explain that you lost the setting when upgrading from v14 and see if they will provide a method for you to put this back. I'm not sure if they have this available but it doesn't hurt to ask.

If you don't have a 3CX partner that you work with that will submit that query PM me and I'll submit it on your behalf.