Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Custom Speed Dial Problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JST, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JST

JST New Member

I have just connected a Yealink T46S using auto provisioning and it seems to mostly work fine except when I am trying to use one of the custom speed dial buttons. I have basically assigned my custom speed dials in the extension configuration and they seem to have made it over to the phone just fine, but when I am pressing a speed dial button, I am getting the message that the call cannot be completed.

Oddly, enough I can dial the same number manually just fine. So, I am guessing that there is a problem in the script for the Yealink T46S.

Did anybody get this to work? Thank you!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It would seem that they didn't make it over the phone "just fine". After a failed call, check the 3CX Activity Log to see exactly what digits were sent to the PBX (if any). That should give you a clue as to what went wrong.

3. JST

JST New Member

Thank you for your reply!

I have spent some more time on this and after another reboot of the phone it works just fine.

I am not sure why I didn't work before. Only explanation might be that I did a firmware upgrade after the original auto provisioning. Not sure...

Anyhow, it is working now! I will keep an eye on it and report back when it stops working again.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is now resolved. Probably the firmware you were running was not matching the used template. Keep an eye on it and report back if the issue re-appears.

5. JST

JST New Member

I will, but I think you are right about running a high enough firmware version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.