Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Custom Template not creating provision file

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by theMightyMacBoy, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theMightyMacBoy

Hi.

I have duplicated a working custom provision template. The duplicated version isn't creating the configuration for phones that I assign to that template. I have tried everything. The provision templates are exactly the same. I will eventually change the second one, but need to get this working first. Any thoughts? Version 15 on Windows.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Provisioning files are created on the fly now, you won't see them in the file folder like you used to. (although you might see older files still lingering there) ... so how are you testing this ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. theMightyMacBoy

I am trying to provision the phone. It never creates the file.

4. theMightyMacBoy

5. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

There must be something slightly wrong with the template.
    Have you tried with https and port 5001 ?

6. theMightyMacBoy

I will try with 5001 and https... There shouldn't be anything wrong with the template. I took an existing one and duplicated it. The only change are these lines, where I added an underscore 2.

<models>
    <model ua="SIP-T46G">Yealink T46-yealinkT46T48_2</model>
    <model ua="SIP-T48G">Yealink T48-yealinkT46T48_2</model>
    </models>

If the other template works, which it does, I can't figure out why this one doesn't work.

Also -- just tried 5001 and https, seems we don't have 5001/https enabled. It's refusing to connect. I've only been working on this system for 2 months now. Pretty new to 3CX, but I have become very familiar with it. Enabling HTTPS and using it moving forward is a priority of mine when we do our next upgrade.

7. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

pretty sure you have to have https with v15 ... how about using the local IP address / provisioning link then (with http and 5000)

8. theMightyMacBoy

Tried http://IP:5000 . All of our phones (About 2000 or so) are running HTTP provisioning and are working. Just not this template.

9. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Internally non HTTPS will work on the local IP.
    Only externally you must use HTTPS.

I can confirm that an underscore is ok in the UA line as I do have some on my Yealink templates. I thought maybe it might be an issue.

How are you creating these templates? You say your are DUPLICATING - but the button says "COPY". So want to ensure that is not the issue.

10. theMightyMacBoy

I created it by using an existing template that is known to work. I opened the template editor and clicked "duplicate" and then saved it.

11. craigreilly

I do not have a duplicate button - but when i hit my copy button - it tells me what charcters are valid and HYPHEN is not a valid character.
    Code:
     Only following characters allowed: A-Z a-z 0-9 _ .
    If I hit "ADD" and select a template from my file - it allows Hyphens which is strange - and does program my phones.
    You are sure under the extension you are selecting the proper template?
    Have you tried reset to factory on one device to see if it helps?

12. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Did you restart the services (it's either the configuration server or management console service) so it can read the new template?

13. theMightyMacBoy

Craig, sorry for the confusion. There is NOT a duplicate button. It is a copy button. When the name box comes up for copy, I just amend _2 the the end of the name. No hyphens. Also I have tried on two phones, both I have wiped to factory and even tried upgrading to latest and greatest firmware.

Colbaltit, I will try to give the whole server a reboot tonight late after hours and see if that helps.

Thank you both for your time. I appreciate it. I will report back tomorrow morning.

14. theMightyMacBoy

Gave the server a reboot and still can't get the template to provision... This is going to get annoying. Would my Yealink provision template be helpful to post?

15. craigreilly

I would put your template into a dropbox link or something. I can give it a whirl.
    I have created many custom templates and did NOT have to restart anything. I think that is only if you drop them into the folder manually....

16. theMightyMacBoy

Ok -- So I was copying a template we had for our YealinkT46 and YealinkT48 models. That was the one that wasn't working. I noticed we had a template as well for YealinkT4x. I duplicated that one and all is working just find. I'm going to just forget about the one that isn't working. I am not sure why we have a template for the 46 and 48 that is separate from the rest of the T4x series.

17. craigreilly

they must be left over from previous version. at one time they were separate if i recall.

18. theMightyMacBoy

The weird thing is that both source provisioning templates work now in production phones. Oh well..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.