Custom templates do not appear on provisioning tab

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by uno1, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uno1

In version 8 i've build some custom templates in a new XML file with 3cX xml layout. Now i've imported this provisioning templates manually into the correct folder of the V9 test enviroment we have set up, but the templates do not apear in the 3cX phone system under the provisioning tab of the extensions.

I've double checked everything but the custom template just doesn't seem to work, I checked the backup file which I made from our V8 enviroment that I restored in the V9 enviroment and this backup includes the custom file. But this file is not restored to V9.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

I see, this is possibly a bug since it's a scenario we haven't tried for a while now.
    I'll give more info regarding this shortly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

Restoring Custom templates from a backup file works just fine, the only possible thing i can think of is that you haven't added the Name Tags for your template.

In order for the 3CX Management Console to recognise and show your templates, they need to have a name and the following information in the following manner.
    Please also take a look at the other templates for more information on how this is done.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <doc xmlns:tcx="http://www.3cx.com">
    <header>
    <type>gateway-template</type>
    <version>12937</version>
    <time>2010-02-01 09:30:00</time>
    <name>CUSTOM-TEMPLATE</name>
    <url>http://www.sangoma.com</url>
    <image>sangoma.png</image>
    <description>8-Port FXO</description>
    </header>
    <data>
    <device>
    <type>gateway</type>

<!-- Friendly Name -->
    <field name="Name">CUSTOM-TEMPLATE</field>

4. uno1

Thanks for the help! I fired up the test server again to day and saw the templates where visible this time. Strange since I restarted al services before when I whas solving this issue.

I edited the Templates anyways as u suggested. Thanks!

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The best way to confirm that it is a problem in 3CX or in the cache of the webserver is by using the winforms management console.

make sure 3CX Management console winforms is closed and not running. (not even under another user)
    put the template in the location
    start winforms.

if you see it - everything is ok.

if not - template has a problem or in an incorrect location.

If it exceptions while opening/viewing - incorrect xml structure etc etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.