Custom UA during REGISTER sip

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gold_god, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gold_god

Hello,

Does anyone know how I could define a custom string for the User-Agent used during "REGISTER sip" with the registration of a VoIP Provider?

Current value:
    User-Agent: 3CXPhoneSystem 9.0.15776.0

Thank you.

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I would doubt that 3cx would want you to change their user agent. It is sort of like a brand name or trademark and they go to a lot of expense to build the pbx.

There is usually no need to want to change the User Agent. IF you REALLY want to make a change yet still have all the facilities of 3cx then I would suggest you buy/write your own stateful proxy/UAS in which you can then make your own user agent changes. It seems like a lot of trouble though

Whats the problem with the UA as it is?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gold_god

Hi Mark,

I think my provider is denying connection from anything else than their own ATA. That's why I'd like to test that.
    I finally found where to change it but that was not the reason of my issue.

User Agent used in REGISTER can be changed in Outbound Parameters of the VoIP Provider (SIP Field User Agent : Text String ; Custom Field ; Value)

Regards.

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Thanks for posting that.

I guess the provider thought it was safer to only allow their own UA - though a fixed IP would be better you would think.

Thanks for the information. We sometimes have to play with outbound parameters but have never had to change the UA string so did not know it was there. Will add it to my notes and get my guys to scan through all the parameters so we know about them all.

Good luck getting it to work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.