Custom Voicemail Greeting when Using "Forward to Extension's Voicemail"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tony K, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony K

I'm having an odd problem using the “Forward to extension's Voicemail” forwarding rule. Here's the scenario:

In addition to our desk phones, a few of us cary wireless phones that have their own extension. The forwarding rules on the desk phone are set to forward to the extension of the wireless phone after 20 seconds. Then, the forwarding rules on the wireless extensions are set to “Forward to extension's Voicemail” of the desk phone after 10 seconds.

For Example: Desk Ex 100 (20 Seconds) -> Wireless Ex 300 (10 Seconds) -> Voicemail Ex 100

The issue is, when set up like this, the voicemail greeting that is played is the system standard greeting, not the custom greeting set by the user. The user does get the voicemail that is left so I know the routing is correct. When I disable the forward to wireless and forward the desk phone to it's voicemail, the custom greeting plays.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Different Caller ID being passed on in each case? Have you compared a 3CX Activity Log of each type of call?

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

What is the "Default Greeting" for the extension set to?
    Extension -> Voicemail
    Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 1.25.27 PM.png

You say its not playing custom greeting - but if the greeting is only set on the extension status and not the "default" it's working properly.

The "Send to voicemail of Ext" does not taking into account the extension status since the call was not to that Extension specifically, but a Ring Group which that extension may or may not be a part of.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 craigreilly, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.