Custom Yealink template

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by curtcar21, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curtcar21

Can anyone point out what I am doing wrong. We use custom templates for our Yealink phones. Everything has worked fine from version 11 to 15.5 until about mid November. Now I can initially provision the phones with the custom template but if any for any reason I need to re-provision an extension I can not hit re-provision(or reboot ) from phone page in management console to re-provision the phone it does nothing. I have read and followed the instructions tant 3CX has put out regarding custom templates and more importantly the yealink specific instructions. Any and all idea's are appreciated

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @curtcar21

Please note that custom templates are not supported by 3CX however i have tried your scenario and the phone is able to re-provision and reboot using the buttons in the of the management console.
    I however am not aware of the changes you performed in the custom template and what the effects of those changes can have on the behaviour of the phone and the management console.
    I would recommend making sure that the phones are running the latest supported firmware from 3CX found here and if the phones are local or behind an SBC make sure that you have used PnP to provision them.
    Note that on the latest firmware does not reboot the phone when you click re-provision but changes are applied.

3. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

@jimbo59

As i have mentioned in previous posts hotdesking does work on Yealink phones with the latest supported firmware and Blf buttons update upon re-provision. The latest Yealink firmware however does not reboot the phone to apply changes when you hit re-provision and this is by design.The changes are applied though. If you are facing an issue with your phone i would be more that happy to troubleshoot the issue with you and see what the problem is. Send me a p.m. and we can take a look at the issue together.

4. curtcar21

All that is changed is label for line keys, enable dialing in preface, company logo/wallpaper and screen saver.I do know that a new firewall was installed by the IT department at our server farm.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. curtcar21

All phones are on SBC PNP was used

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Try a phone with the default template and let me know if that is working or not. That might indicate that there is an issue with the custom template.

7. curtcar21

So I defaulted a phone and setup with 3CX template also set up some BLF keys. Initially it sets up fine all button work and show up correctly. Then I go to blf page on management console and add a BLF button to the phone, it does not add the button.S I took it a step further and re-set raspberry pi back to default and re-installed SBC using debian stretch. It (the pi) will say unable to locate package but comes up with all the sbc instructions to finish install ie FQDN , tunnel password etc... Could this be the problem? I have many sbc's out there and have never gotten the unable to locate package line until sbc's were upgraded for debian stretch. Thoughts? On a side note we have a couple of STUN phones out in the field and they seem fine. If I unplug phone (on the pi) and plug it back in it will take all of my changes on the SBC

jimbo59 likes this.
  8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Are you referring to "E: Unable to locate package 3cxsbc" line? If yes then please note that this is normal. The installer checks for previous versions of the file before it continues and if does not find any the output is that line.
    With that in mind i would expect that the SBC is installed correctly. When you say that the phone does not add the BLF buttons do you press re-provision on the management console? Does reboot work?

9. curtcar21

Yes that is what I was speaking of(E: Unable to locate package 3cxsbc) Yes I have tried re-provision and reboot to no avail. I am going to order a new Yealink T29 today. This phone that I am using has served as a test phone for well over a year. I will have time tomorrow to test everything. I will keep you posted on my progress. Thank you for your assistance so far.

10. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Just make sure that when you are testing the phones are provisioned using PnP. You should be able to see a factory reset phone as new under the phones section of the PBX and assign it from there to an extension

11. curtcar21

Ok so I have my new phone (T-29) I plug it in and it shows as new extension. Click assign to existing extension change it to my custom template. Everything uploads perfectly and phone works just fine. However the original problem is still there. If I need to change or and a blf key through the blf page and press re-provision the phone does not get the updated information. I know 3CX does not offer support phones with custom templates. A lot of times we can get away with the standard template, most clients though do have a custom template and it has worked quite well for us through out the years. If you could please take a look at my template a just verify that I have followed the instructions provided by 3CX or if you see a problem and could advise me of anything it would be greatly appreciated. I have included the template in both .xml and .txt. I wasnt sure what format to send it to you.

Attached Files:

12. curtcar21

The only line I changed was line 2375(changed a 0 to a 1)

13. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Please make sure that the phone is working with the default template and the phone is able to reboot and reprovision. In order for the phone to be able to reboot and reprovision through the management console the provisioning must be done through PnP. What i learned today when i was trying to replicate the issue is that when assigning the phone to an extension through PnP the default template is selected. If you then press delete and add the custom template then you are essentially negating the PnP provisioning.So if the phone is provisioned behind an SBC then reboot and reprovision through the management console will not work. To reprovision the phones you will need to manually reboot the phones. The reason it was working for me the first time i tested is because although the phones where provisioned through SBC they were also reachable locally by the server (VPN) and the management console was able to reprovision them through the local IP.

14. curtcar21

Yes it works with default template. So what you are saying is 3CX took away an essential part of hosting 3CX systems. This had worked for years and years for us, but no more? It really needs to come back we are very disappointed with this explanation. So I can not even change a label or have the phones dial out in preface any more unless phones are local lan. Very bad idea

15. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Please note that any changes made will be applied to the phone if the phone is manually rebooted or when the phones reprovision automatically every 24 hours.

16. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Please note. I modified my phone and turned auto-provision off so the settings are locked to the phone. No more problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.